Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Good luck to her. I'm sure she's quick, but there's a reason why Alonso, Button et al have necks like tree trunks. I'll be genuinely surprised if this young lady has what it takes to be competitive at GP level. Fair play though, she is very decorative ;)

Seriously, it would be a sponsors dream to have a truly competitive female F1 driver.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be interesting to see where she gets on the grid. If she is as fearless as that German woman who was on Top Gear we might see some fun

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is but I am not knocking the fair sex. Not in here at any rate. With MK, Thal, HB and SLBG around, I value my appendages too much :biglaugh:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I wouldn't knock the ladies either. Fact is that if she's quick enough to be in the car she's already a better driver than most people I've ever met, and way way better than I'll ever be or have ever been. But, F1 is another level physically and the drivers need to have amazing levels of fitness, and endurance to complete a GP. Men have a physical strength advantage over woman of the same size. Button and Webber for example are seriously competitive Triathletes..

I really do hope she is successful..

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
The weather up in Scotland must have changed a lot since I flew there - quite the tan. I wonder about a documentary about her life in F1 as she hasn't run a race yet. I admire women that break down "barriers" but I think the media does them a disservice by invoking hyperbole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts