Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
What an awesome day.

Super win for lewis, really chuffed for him. If maca can hold it together I think it might be his year. I hope so!

First GP start I've missed in ages........ oh yes what was that other thing......

Scuba? Oh yes passed my OW and got my Drysuit spec practical done and dusted :biglaugh: had another super day! :rb:rb:rb:rb

Yes, you can say 'told you so', John! hehe

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
We were there, super race in the final laps, pics to follow once we get back to ATL!!!:flag:

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Really enjoyed rooting for Lewis....also cheering for Nico. Lewis is a superb driver and he comes across as a sincere gentleman. Also looks to have great taste in girls!:tu:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta agree, it's hard not to cheer for Lewis! I *really* wish I could make Austin! :p

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Really enjoyed rooting for Lewis....also cheering for Nico. Lewis is a superb driver and he comes across as a sincere gentleman. Also looks to have great taste in girls!:tu:
Have never watched F1 racing, but I must say I am intrigued after looking at the photo gallery.

Pray tell, what is it about the F1 culture that compels them to announce the nationality of the drivers AND their girlfriends? :biglaugh:

(1 / 110) -
Lewis Hamilton (GBR) McLaren and Nicole Scherzinger (USA). Formula One World Championship, Rd7, Canadian Grand Prix, Race, Montreal, Canada, Sunday, 10 June 2012

(13 / 110) -
Pastor Maldonado (VEN) Williams and Gabriella Tarkany (VEN), Formula One World Championship, Rd7, Canadian Grand Prix, Race, Montreal, Canada, Sunday, 10 June 2012

·
2,432 Posts
Have never watched F1 racing, but I must say I am intrigued after looking at the photo gallery.

Pray tell, what is it about the F1 culture that compels them to announce the nationality of the drivers AND their girlfriends? :biglaugh:

(1 / 110) -
Lewis Hamilton (GBR) McLaren and Nicole Scherzinger (USA). Formula One World Championship, Rd7, Canadian Grand Prix, Race, Montreal, Canada, Sunday, 10 June 2012

(13 / 110) -
Pastor Maldonado (VEN) Williams and Gabriella Tarkany (VEN), Formula One World Championship, Rd7, Canadian Grand Prix, Race, Montreal, Canada, Sunday, 10 June 2012
I think many people have a reasonable interest in the personal lives of their favorite sportsmen. Also, F1 has at its core an international flavor....people like to root for their countrymen and manufacturers who represent the very best of their national technology base.

·
2,432 Posts
Gotta agree, it's hard not to cheer for Lewis! I *really* wish I could make Austin! :p
As an F1 fanatic, I'm very proud to see F1 in the US. I first got the bug while attending the Long Beach Grand Prix back in maybe 1979? At that time I didn't get what F1 does for the local economy.

Not to get political, but I'm glad Texas has seized this wonderful opportunity. They will do it up right! Not sure most of the slacker states like mine could pull it off!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Best race Lewis has driven for quite some time. Pretty decent race overall. I'm surprised Ferrari and Red Bull tried for a one stopper, should've responded to McLaren to stay on the podium at least.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Google "WAG" ;-) It's a British thing I'm afraid...

(1 / 110) -

(13 / 110) -

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Google "WAG" ;-) It's a British thing I'm afraid...
Thanks - No need for apologies -

Over here we have "Desperate" Housewives,

"Real" Housewives

And you can decide whether you want East Coast (New York, New Jersey, etc.) or West Coast (Orange County, Beverly Hills, etc.)

Sigh . . . :confused:

Come to think of it, if I'm going to watch TV, it might as well be Formula 1 Racing ! :rb

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Sorry for the delay, seems like you take 2 days off and when you get back you're 5 days behind!

Yes, weather was great, we spent over 6 hours at the track on Sat. & Sun..:bannana:

Pics are of F! Porsche GT3 Cup and Ferrari challenge. Also a few from the AMG tent including SLK55 interior, C63 Black & CLS63 Bi turbo engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
A few more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
From the AMG tent.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts