Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
per ez pass/sunpass, the transponder should be in the windshield mirror area.
check ez pass website for how to do it :D

·
96,599 Posts
Locate the correct position for the tag — the upper center portion of your windshield behind the rearview mirror, at least 1 inch to the right of the mirror and at least 1 inch below the top edge of the windshield.
download.jpg

·
Registered 2017 SLC300
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read on our NJ EZpass website that some windshields are IR Reflective and will interfere with transponder. I didn't know if our windshields are IR Reflective or not? For those applications they say to request an exterior transponder that goes on the front tag? I'll put it in the windshield and go over the bridge and see what happens :)

·
96,599 Posts
I read on our NJ EZpass website that some windshields are IR Reflective and will interfere with transponder. I didn't know if our windshields are IR Reflective or not? For those applications they say to request an exterior transponder that goes on the front tag? I'll put it in the windshield and go over the bridge and see what happens :)

in florida you can go online and see if it read it
we also can pay by plate if it does not, u get an invoice
i do not stick mine on the windshield
i hold it up to the windshield as i go under
did 180 on the elevated section once and was going too fast and my hands were occupied to hold it up but it read it on my seat :D

·
96,599 Posts
you never replied when i asked you...

Noo Joisey? What exit?

·
Registered 2017 AMG SLC 43
18 Posts
I have mine mounted to the right of the mirror and it is working fine. Just wish the back side of it was black instead of white to blend in better with windshield and mirror!

·
Registered -->Looking
91 Posts
I always select an area where the mounting velcro (and transponder when attached and using it) are hidden from my view while driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts