Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have just purchased a 2008 SLK280 Base model manual transmission in silver, and am beyond thrilled to drive such an amazing machine. However, I'm looking to upgrade the look of the vehicle just a tiny bit to give it a more masculine and personalized look. What are some accessories to look into and where could I obtain them for a very reasonable price? I would like to get a set of the chrome hood vent fins, along with anything else you may suggest that would add to that appeal. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks so much for all your help guys!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Cars are inanimate and as such are genderless. You will occasionally get some people who (mostly out of jealousy and lack of knowledge) might say it's a chicks car or a hairdressers car. Are you really worried about their opinion.

The first thing I would add to your car would be a SmartTop. If you're not sure what it is, search the forum.

It can be obtained, along with other bits & pieces from HERE.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,668 Posts
ebenk,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ . And it only takes about 30 seconds to do!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) - capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Things folks seem to enjoy the most, in addition to those already mentioned.

LED lights
Clear/smoked side markers
OEM Windstop
Chromed amber turn signal bulbs

Have fun modding, and share your learnings here on the site - we love pictures !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely will do, thanks for the support guys; also another question; what is the best way to get ipod/iphone integration or adaptation into my 08 SLK 280 with the factory base radio/headunit? what are the options that I have to obtain the ability to hookup and simply play music from my ipod in my car with minimal wiring/ physical work in the process? Also if possible I would like to keep the headunit the same; ----- Has any one had any experience with itronic or something cheaper that does the job? what does Itronic entail in labor?

·
Registered
47 Posts
M0bridge bluetooth and iPhone

I got the M0bridge ABT2010 unit. It was pretty easy to install, and the instructions were pretty good. It's CRAZY expensive for what you get, so at this point I'd almost recommend that you swap out the factory stereo for a Pioneer AppRadio 2. I'm really looking into it, and a local shop gave me a price of ~$700 installed and with steering wheel control intact. I haven't pulled the trigger yet (because of Apple changing to the new Lightning adapter, I want to wait for the 5S before I upgrade).

Since the M0bridge is ~$600 from Amazon, I'd really look at putting something like the AppRadio in.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Hey guys,

I have just purchased a 2008 SLK280 Base model manual transmission in silver, and am beyond thrilled to drive such an amazing machine. However, I'm looking to upgrade the look of the vehicle just a tiny bit to give it a more masculine and personalized look. What are some accessories to look into and where could I obtain them for a very reasonable price? I would like to get a set of the chrome hood vent fins, along with anything else you may suggest that would add to that appeal. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks so much for all your help guys!
Edit: forgot the website url

Here's a website just to get some ideas. http://www.chrome-tec.com/ eBay may be your best bet for accessories at affordable prices. I definitely would start with lighting mods: chrome amber bulbs, LEDs (interior and exterior), and upgraded halogen bulbs (xenon-look or HID). New headlamps would totally change the look. AMG 18" rims would be sweet as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts