Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founding Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory warranty is expiring soon, should I get extended warranty? Anyone have good experience with theirs?

·
Founding Member #5
170 Posts
slk230r170 said:
My factory warranty is expiring soon, should I get extended warranty? Anyone have good experience with theirs?
If you were going to purchase one, I'd recommend:

http://www.warrantydirect.com

When my factory warranty expires, I plan to purchase that if I'm keeping my car.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
I bought an extended warranty from continental warranty in Feb.
I paid $2500 for bumper to bumper coverage.
Has a $50 deductable.
Had car in shop for Fuel sensors, Tranny shift linkage seal, Roof alignment.
All covered by warranty.
Tow trucks covered free up to 100 miles.
At this rate, Continental warranty is going to be loosing money with me! LOL
You can find them at www.continentalwarranty.com
Hope this helps.
SLKman

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
My 2000 car has 22,000 miles on it.

www.warrantydirect.com rates for my car.
37 Months / 37,000 Miles up to 59,200 Miles $2,529 $100 deductable.

www.Continentalwarranty.com rates for my car.
36 months / 37,000 miles up to 60,000 miles $2,500. $50 deductable.

Both seem to be about same price. I think it is up to what you to compare coverages. Check Consumer reports for the best extended warranties. They are a non-bias reveiw company.

·
Founding Member #5
170 Posts
///AMG 55 said:
I have been thinking about getting a extended warranty but most will not accept AMG's
Yup! Most will not accept AMGs. Shame though.. doesn't AMG offer any extended warranty directly?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased my '02 last month and got the extended warranty. (it still had the original warranty of 50k or 4 years) GET THIS, the factory warranty ran out one week later as the Dr. had purchased it on 9/17/02, and I purchased on 09/10/06. Just the same, the extended warranty to is good thru 92k. (I'm glad I have it........especially with some of the "major" repair prices on these cars.)
Howdy from Hou/TEX guys!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my extended from Continental and it's 5 or 6 yrs and up to 100K miles (I had 17500 on it when I bought it)...and I paid $1,700 and they even sent my $60 worth of gas coupons cause I paid it in full instead of using their payment plan!! So that's 82500 miles worth of warranty....and I bought the very best coverage they offered too!! I think that my deductable is $100 but it might be $50. I honestly don't remember but I did a ton of research and talked on the phone with 4 different offerers before I bought the one that I have.

The best advice I got...and followed, was to take the warranty (you don't get a real copy of it until you buy it but you can cancel it within 30 days if you don't like it) up to the owner of the shop where I have work done to my cars. He took the time to read it and sat down with me and asked me a dozen or so questions and based on all that, he recommended that I go ahead and buy it. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.