Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founding Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would make everyone aware of this great event that occurs every Saturday morning in Newport Beach. It is an exotic car meet at a strip mall called the Crystal Cove Promenade. It is on the Pacific Coast Highway about halfway between Laguna and Newport. Starting at about 6:00 am, exotic car owners start lining up their cars for the meet. Every car you have ever dreamed of is at this show - Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Spyker, Porsche (including the Carerra GT) and, of course, every MB ever made. It draws both modern and vintage car collectors. The best part is that all of the cars are actually "on the road" and you can see them pull up, park and then pull away. It makes the experience much more "hands on" than a car show. You can talk to the owners and pick their brains about cars, golf, or whatever. They are all really nice people.

There are usually about 200 cars there and by 8:00 am there can be as many as 1,000 people. So getting there early is good. The agreement with the property owner is that the cars must be gone by 9:00 am. This rule is strictly obeyed by all owners. In fact, they start leaving at about 8:30 am because of this rule. They don't want to screw up a good thing. If you live in the OC area, it is really worth coming over.

As many of you know, I am finishing off the modifications on my SLK55 with vertical doors next Thursday. On Saturday - July 8 - I will have the B55 at the Cove to show it off. I would be great if a lot of SLK owners showed up. We could meet each other and put faces with the names. We could take some pics and post them on the message board here. It would be cool.

Here is the information along with some pics of the meet last week. Hope to see you there:

Exotic car meet, 7-9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Starbucks in Crystal Cove Promenade, 7957 Pacific Coast Hwy., Newport Beach.

ps. Admin, How can I get the pics to show up in the post?

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Beleriand, I mean B55, isn't this at the corner of Reef Point and Pacific Coast Highway (highway 1), where Mastro's Ocean Club is also located?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
B55 said:
I thought I would make everyone aware of this great event that occurs every Saturday morning in Newport Beach. It is an exotic car meet at a strip mall called the Crystal Cove Promenade. It is on the Pacific Coast Highway about halfway between Laguna and Newport. Starting at about 6:00 am, exotic car owners start lining up their cars for the meet. Every car you have ever dreamed of is at this show - Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Spyker, Porsche (including the Carerra GT) and, of course, every MB ever made. It draws both modern and vintage car collectors. The best part is that all of the cars are actually "on the road" and you can see them pull up, park and then pull away. It makes the experience much more "hands on" than a car show. You can talk to the owners and pick their brains about cars, golf, or whatever. They are all really nice people.

There are usually about 200 cars there and by 8:00 am there can be as many as 1,000 people. So getting there early is good. The agreement with the property owner is that the cars must be gone by 9:00 am. This rule is strictly obeyed by all owners. In fact, they start leaving at about 8:30 am because of this rule. They don't want to screw up a good thing. If you live in the OC area, it is really worth coming over.

As many of you know, I am finishing off the modifications on my SLK55 with vertical doors next Thursday. On Saturday - July 8 - I will have the B55 at the Cove to show it off. I would be great if a lot of SLK owners showed up. We could meet each other and put faces with the names. We could take some pics and post them on the message board here. It would be cool.

Here is the information along with some pics of the meet last week. Hope to see you there:

Exotic car meet, 7-9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Starbucks in Crystal Cove Promenade, 7957 Pacific Coast Hwy., Newport Beach.

ps. Admin, How can I get the pics to show up in the post?
:( WOW! Would appreciate an "after" event update with pictures. Enjoy. Your B55 will represent the SLKs well.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Sounds good, i know many people with Porsches, ferrari's and lambo's that go to crystal cove for gathering every week they are with me in the other forum, 6speedonline.

I hope they get impressed when you go there with your Brabus B55 SLK and the LSD Doors:cool:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
It was great to meet a forum member

It was great this morning to meet a fellow forum member and his sidekick (personal assistant in washing B55's car and taking digital photos) early this am.

The R171 got no less (if not more) attention than the Lambo's in the lot. Pictures tell the story (I had to wait for the crowd to thin out before I could take photos): http://www.slkworld.com/performance-mods-r171/38-considering-vertical-doors-2.html (response #17 on page 2).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.