Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i do something stupid! LOL I want to ask ya'll a question. I have always disliked my chrome exhaust tip because it looks like a single exhaust.When you look at the tip it looks like one bolt will remove it leaving 2 exhaust tips side by side.I want a new exhaust tip that is dual tip so it like look like some of the BMW duel tips.I've looked at bolt on after market ones but have no idea if they will fit.And i don't want to spend the cost of buying the AMG muffler and exhaust.Any of ya'll change your single tip for a dual?

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,852 Posts
Be warned that if you find a dual pipe adapter that fits you may need to modify the back bumper to cope with the extra width of the twin pipes.

Or look for an SLK32 tailpipe and bumper :grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All.
Anybody know where I can get two new exhaust tips for my SLK 350 r171 as they have starting to rust I have tried cleaning them but the previous owner didn't clean them properly and they are pitted. Thanks Will.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,644 Posts
This is another case where the German though processes escape me. To begin proper scavenging of a 6 cyl street engine is best done with a single pipe out of the collector(s). (Race engines are different).

OK so the 320 has two banks each with cats and collectors that then merge into a single pipe to the back where the muffler has a single pipe in but dual pipes out which are covered by a single tip. Never has made any sense to me.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts