Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm in the process of purchasing this 2005 SLK 55 AMG R171 and I'm trying to get to know everything I can about the car before sealing the deal next weekend as the seller is a non-MB dealership but they are quite capable of effecting the repairs I have requested thus far. Yesterday I went to inspect the undercarriage of the vehicle and was pleased by what I found (or didn't find) but this one question has been haunting me since I first started looking at the vehicle two weeks ago, do any of the MB gurus on this site have any idea where the aftermarket exhaust came from on this vehicle? Please see the picture that I hope remained attached since my newbie status may not yet allow me to send images. Thanks in advance to anyone that can "name that exhaust". I really like the look and sound of the exhaust but for the life of me can't find out who made it.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,569 Posts
exhaust or the diffuser around the exhaust?

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could just be the diffuser or a cat back and Kleeman would make sense based on some of the other mods on the car, I believe the diffusers are part of the mufflers but I'll need a closer look when I go there next weekend to pick her up assuming the dealer can get the radio issue resolved by then. It's a 150 mile round trip and I'm only making it one more time.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,510 Posts
If it is a Kleemann original part I’d expect it to be marked somewhere. Of course the tail pipes are also a similar design to those on R172 models, excluding the 55! :surprise::laugh:

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
919 Posts
Could just be the diffuser or a cat back and Kleeman would make sense based on some of the other mods on the car, I believe the diffusers are part of the mufflers but I'll need a closer look when I go there next weekend to pick her up assuming the dealer can get the radio issue resolved by then. It's a 150 mile round trip and I'm only making it one more time.
The diffuser is the plastic piece around the exhaust. I think you are talking exhaust tips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.