Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 2000 SLK 230.

I am looking into what others have done or recommend to do for an aftermarket exhaust.

Also I am looking to inquire if anyone has any success or recommendations for sourcing a front end kit. I am not interested in the duraflex kits that retail for $600 or less. Looking for either of the following brands:

lorinser or mansory

finding that it is difficult to get after market parts for a 2000

·
Registered
373 Posts
hey brian,

after conducting a simple google search and looking through both lorinser and mansory's websites, neither one offer any products for our generation SLK, the R170. In terms of exhaust, if you want anything quality, from the searches I've done for my own car, also an '00, the only place that still makes a cat-back exhaust is Eisenmann, see here. If you're looking for a header too, check out Super Sprint, here. When I talked to them a couple of months ago, they still had some sitting on their shelves in Italy that they could ship over.

Hope this helps,
Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info on the exhaust, I'll take a look. A local shop, I've been going to for years talked about customizing a dual cat back. I recently lowered my car. H&R Tour Cup lowering kit - including front and rear sway bar, but found out I need to have the brackets put in separately for the rear bar, because my car didn't come with them.

Prior Design makes a legitment kit that ships from Germany that I am into. Didn't realizing part searching for this car would be so difficult.

·
Registered
373 Posts
hey brian,

I've lowered my car too, using the H&R sport springs with bilstein HD struts. any exhaust shop will be able to custom fab you an exhaust, there's no downside with going that route unless you want the brand name exhaust on your car. can you please link the rear sway bar kit from prior design? I wasnt able to find it on their website.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.