Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SLK is ready for me to collect on Saturday afternoon! My friends are bored with me going on about it, my husband is delighted as he then gets the TT to himself, and I just want to go out and play!

:rb:rb:rb:rb

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,207 Posts
Congrats! moving this to the r170 general discussion section

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,713 Posts
Take your friends for a ride then they'll know what all the excitement is about! I know you will surely enjoy it! Have fun and stay safe!:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
enjoy

congrats to you,now lets hope your weather stays good for your drive home with the top down....enjoy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have fun. Don't let your husband drive it, it is far nicer to drive than a TT. If he gets his hands on it, you will never see it again!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep....not to offend, but the icon is sort of scary on some level.....might just be me. :biglaugh:
You mean my sim me??? I didn't think that was scary - that's what I look like!!!!

But yes, I will change it later when I get the car!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Thank you, is that what I've got then? I buy cars like girls - looks good, nice colour, husband paying....

I'll put the photos in here.
SLK's were made in three models up to 2004 they were 170's 2004 to 2011/2 171's then 172's

Not sur of the exact dates of model change but a 230 model is a 170.

Dont worry about Jeff moving this to the 170 section he is a tidy up man :biglaugh: Its all that military training. He would have a fit if he saw my workshop :biglaugh:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Should be a good day for collecting the car - bright & sunny. Bit chilly though.

Wrap up warm & get the top down!

Park infront of Tattershall Castle & take some photos! :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Me, earlier, trying to remember how to drive an automatic! More to follow, it was dark by the time I got home.

Absolutely delighted, was a lovely drive home, can't wait to go out and play tomorrow!!

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have fun. Don't let your husband drive it, it is far nicer to drive than a TT. If he gets his hands on it, you will never see it again!!!
He honestly has no interest whatsoever in driving it! He only took driving lessons after he bought the TT for me because he wanted to drive it. He's had motorbikes for years!

The SLK is all mine - and I think we got an absolute bargain. £6k with 29,000 miles on the clock. I need to get the wheels refurbished but other than that it's pretty much in mint condition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.