Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2006 SLK55 AMG. The SLK55 is a car I've wanted for a long time and am so excited to finally get one. I also ride a KTM 350 EXC in the trails and an 1800 Honda Gold Wing on the rode. I am originally from Ireland and moved to Canada in 1990. I would love to connect with anyone in the Toronto area that owns an SLK55 AMG.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,553 Posts
On behalf of @jbanks15

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,553 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

Many bikers on here. SLKs draw them.

55s are my favourite, but the entire range can make you smile.

We have an AMG area:
AMGs - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

And an R171 zone:
Mercedes Benz SLK Forum - A Mercedes Benz Discussion Forum

A hand R171 diy link is in my signature below.

Of all the mods to consider SmartTop is the one I'd recommend.
Putting top up or down on the move and from a distance is priceless:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

Datacards give the full spec from first new:
Vehicle Data Card - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

And regional threads for meets/local info, something you're interested in::wink:
Canada Region - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Enjoy your new ride. I never tire of the 55 growl.>:D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,225 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your SLK 55!

I feel the same way every time I take my SLK280 out for a drive... These cars are just so right. :grin:

G

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,103 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com, the elite Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Lakeland, Florida!

Just a few of the fun things to look at while on the forum!

The http://www.slkworld.com/picture-day/ is guaranteed to make you smile every morning…who doesn’t need that!

As a member you have the privilege to vote and/or enter our Ride of the Month competition, we welcome new SLKs to compete and new members to vote:

ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thanks for joining and may you have many topless drives!

Marykay
Florida Event Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,285 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

Here are a few links you might find useful...

Some great R171 info, including Owner’s/Maintenance/COMAND manuals, etc.:
Don’t forget to lube those seals:
Download your car’s brochure:
Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:
  • SmartTop: What is this SmartTOP all the members keep talking about?
  • Shorty antenna
  • LED license plate bulbs and parking lights
  • Chrome/stealth indicator bulbs (still flash orange, but removes the ‘fried egg’ look from your headlight housings)
  • OEM windscreen or Lighted/etched windscreen
Thank you
Dave

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,983 Posts
Welcome from the GTA :grin:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts