Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter and I have had our ups and downs over the years, culminating with her leaving home at 16 and spending several years doing nothing very much with her life. It was such a waste, as she is a very intelligent young lady. Last year she finally decided to make a huge change, and went back to college. Today I had a call from her to tell me she has a start date for university. She will be going to Teeside University in September to do a BSc (Hons) Forensic Science. I am so proud of her I could burst! :bannana:

Just wanted to share! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,459 Posts
Awesome News......:):) You should be proud of her.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Excellent! Sometimes youngsters need to take a few classes in the school of hard knocks before settling on a more promising education. Much to their parents' chagrin, of course, while the process works itself out!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,950 Posts
They think they know everything at that age...then they get an AHHA moment and finally come to their senses. Been there..

I wish you all the best! Keep us posted on how she's doing.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Great to learn. Congratulations!! Wishing both of you the best.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
.....culminating with her leaving home at 16 and spending several years doing nothing very much with her life......
You mean it's not just an "American" thing with kids that are a pain in the arse? :biglaugh:

Congratulations.....there is still hope for man kind! It's really amazing how they really do grow up once they are out of the house......come to think of it, I really didn't appreciate my parents until I was out of the home and away at school!

Best of luck to her.....no doubt she will do just fine.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,357 Posts
Congratulations to her! :tu: If you think you're feeling proud of her now, wait until she graduates! :biglaugh: You'll explode with pride. A great feeling!! More than makes up for any of the downs you may have felt in the past. I speak from experience!! :)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
That's such great news guys!! We understand exactly what you mean by them...wandering off. Our youngest daughter has "issues" and has fallen into a perpetual sloth...aided by her most recent heart throb. Such a waste indeed.

So happy for your daughter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts