Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started off with replacing front latch cylinder and both roof lift cylinders (after sending off for rebuild), so far so good. Then I noticed a few oil drips under the E320 Bluetec. Took car to my Indy, since you need a lift for this one. Turned out to be O ring on dipstick tube at entry to oil pan. Not so bad. I then got a call from Indy (thinking car was ready). Turns out that when they were test driving car (they always do that), they were attacked by a couple of deer. Car is now sitting at the body shop with about $8000 worth of damage to left front and a totally smashed windshield. I am now driving a VW Passat provided by their insurance company. Did I mention that I was told yesterday that I need surgery for Stage 1 colon cancer? That is now scheduled for May after I get back from Sicily. And my coffee is getting cold.:)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,444 Posts
Wow! That is a bad week. Wish you the best on your recovery and your vehicles.

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
Never that bad

What a bummer of a week. I, too, wish you and your car a speedy and complete recovery.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Hope everything gets sorted soon. At least colon cancer is Stage I.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,492 Posts
You are the only thing that is truly important. Hope that all works out with your medical issues. The cars are nothing more then minor annoyances in the big picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.