Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my SLK is prepped, our European road trip is finalised and the routes are all plugged in to the GPS. We'll be stopping over in Calais to get an early start for the first leg to Koblenz. Then through the Black Forest on the B500 to Schluchsee for another overnight stop on the lake side. Next to Bregenz to take in the Pfander cable car and the opera on the lake (Turandot this time). From Bregenz a meader through some nice twisty roads for lunch in Innsbruck and then on to Salzburg. Next day a visit to the Wefen Ice caves then to Trieste through some beautiful Italian & Slovenian mountain roads. We were due to spend the next day doing a little tour of Slovenia before catching the motorail home from Koper, but since the demise of the operator, Autoslaap, we've had to divert to Verona (maybe time for a coffee in Venice on the way) to catch the overnight motorail to Dusseldorf. Time in Dusseldorf for a bit of lunch and exploring before heasding to Dunkirk to catch the ferry back to the uk. Hopefully a bit of everything in this trip, including a few eagerly anticipated Autobahn miles.
I'll let you know how it went and post some pics on our return.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Steve,
I hope you enjoyed your European road trip. In the summer of 2012, we did a European delivery of a BMW 5 series, my husband's car. We toured southern Germany and Italy. One of the highlights of the twenty five day trip was the opera at Bregenz. It was Andre Chenier. It was an amazing experience, especially for an American who has only seen opera in the theater. It was fun driving the BMW, but I prefer my SLK. I am sure the autobahn was great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts