Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Eurocharged SLK55 ECU tune and cable during their black friday sale last year. I haven't gotten around to installing it as I was worried about reliability.

Does anyone here have it installed?

Any issues?

How long have you had it?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I bought the Eurocharged SLK55 ECU tune and cable during their black friday sale last year. I haven't gotten around to installing it as I was worried about reliability.

Does anyone here have it installed?

Any issues?

How long have you had it?

Thanks!!
I don't have it yet but I plan on getting one soon. Some info that I saw at MBWorld:

Euro-Flash is the next generation software package for the Mercedes! It will have full OBDII Data Logging, OBDII Code Reading / Clearing, and you can flash your own car with encoded files sent via email! Customers will be able to data-log AFR, Timing, Boost, IAT’s, RPM, Throttle Position, ETC and our software will create a file that is easily readable.

It’s never been easier to get a custom tune!

Here are the top 10 benefits when you go with Eurocharged over the competition:

1.) No need to send out ECU
2.) No need to buy an expensive tool
3.) No need to pay loaner tool fee’s
4.) Real Time Data Logging
5.) OBDII Code Reading and Clearing
6.) Updated Tunes sent via email
7.) Dyno Tuning is much easier
8.) Customer Support
9.) TCU Flashing will be supported in a future release
10.) Swapping Tunes at the track takes only a few minutes

This software has been tested on the following ECU’s:

ME 2.8 / ME 2.8.1 (320 series, 500 series, 32AMG, 55AMG, SRT6, etc)

ME 2.7.1 (2003-2006 V12’s 600/65)

Still having trouble deciding on which tuner to go with? We are now offering very attractive pricing on our tunes.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I'm going for the new euro tune which you upload yourself
Eurocharged Performance - Euro-Flash V2 instructional video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OPZMU3vWN6Y

http://youtu.be/OPZMU3vWN6Y

I'm also about to place an order myself. If it helps anyone, here are some answers that I received to my email questions:

Does the SprintBooster work together, work against, or do nothing with the Eurocharged tune? Basically do I keep it on or need to remove it?
You will have no issues keeping the SprintBooster on the car. It works great with the tune.

How much is the My Genius and Euro-Flash V2 tune for my car and which should I get? Is it free retunes for life for both products? How much is datalogging and how does that work?
We sell the Euro-Flash V2 for your car. The tune and cable kit is $399 plus shipping. This includes retunes. The datalogging price has not been set yet.

I don't know if the car needs an ECU/TCU software update from the dealership. Is this necessary before getting a tune or is the tune basically the only update I will need?
You do not need an ECU/TCU update. I can do that for you!

What can I expect besides:
-increased power gained by optimizing the fueling and timing maps
-raised speed limiter
-raised torque limiters
-improved throttle response

That’s about it….not much tuning to do on an NA 55.

Is there a TCU tune for my 2005 SLK55? "???" informed me the EGS controller is inside the gearbox submerged in gear oil and that it's not possible to program the EGS controller through the engine ECU.
2006+ have the gearbox controller inside the tranny. Yours is not and is 100% flashable.

I've never heard of the 2005 tranny/EGS controller being different. Anyone else know about this?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I installed the program logmein then sent them the email with the password and username I set up for the program with my desired date and time of the tune. Plugged up my computer to my car with the cable of course. They then accessed my computer remotely and programmed my car and within 15 minutes it was done.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I installed the program logmein then sent them the email with the password and username I set up for the program with my desired date and time of the tune. Plugged up my computer to my car with the cable of course. They then accessed my computer remotely and programmed my car and within 15 minutes it was done.
What mods do you have on your SLK55?

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
jameslk55;396121[FONT=Verdana said:

Is there a TCU tune for my 2005 SLK55? "???" informed me the EGS controller is inside the gearbox submerged in gear oil and that it's not possible to program the EGS controller through the engine ECU.
2006+ have the gearbox controller inside the tranny. Yours is not and is 100% flashable.
[/FONT]
They were mistaken about this. The same applies to the 2005s.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Right ecu flashed with my new map, engine starts so I'm happy,
Battery now on charge as the flashing process hits it for 6, the engine fans ran full speed for the duration on the upload.
Now please please stop raining so I can try it out.

Have to say very very happy with the service from Eurocharged only ordered it Tuesday afternoon it arrived this morning and Jerry sent me my modified map a couple of hours after I sent him my base map and info.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I just placed an order. :biglaugh:

I asked them a few more questions before I sent payment. All I have are air filters as well.

MyGenius or Euro-Flash V2?
MyGenius $425 plus tune= $700
Euro-Flash V2 $399 (plus shipping)= $410

How long is the $399 promotion?

End of this month and maybe end of next month.

Is the rev limiter raised?
The rev limiter is not raised in the tune but it can be requested. In the "special instructions" I asked them to increase the idle to 720RPM (engine operating temp). I'm hoping that will help with my rough idle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got my Eurotune

I did the tune to my 55, but it's still in storage till the snow melts, which in Minneapolis could be August (but more likely next week).

Will report results... the tune was simple to set up.

Mine is stock except wood interior trim, and window wind deflector... in the next few weeks I'll redo seats and door panels in a diamond pattern (like Bentley and some Astons) in a color to match wook with more padding and adjustable lumbar support. Am likely to stop there for a while.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.