Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am finding this company to be a sort of smoke and mirror type, at least for the SLK's or am I just reading them wrong? They have this pulley that was selling, one after the other on eBay earlier this fall for around $425. Each auction. Now they are on sale for $499. On their website though there is nothing that says they fit SLK's, just the 2005/2006 Crossfires. I've visited that site and it seems more hardcore when it comes to making power than our own, again, a poor read on my part?
Now down to who has gotten what from them and your result(s)?
I have estimated the 65mm pulley would add 1.6 psi of boost to our stock 14.5 so I would doubt fuel or timing would be an issue without a tune. Anyone know what AFR our 3.2 runs at WOT at RPM's after the shifts to redline? How about the 14.5psi stock, accurate? I've not Had time,to look into,a wide band nor a boost gauge. Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not sure about the AMGs, I have an '00 230 and worked with their local Eurocharged DC franchise when it was around at the beginning of the year. I was only in for a tune but was having A/F problems when we had it on the dyno.
Since then the local franchise has changed shops and is no longer associated with Eurocharged and my ECU is now locked with a Eurocharged tune on it. Eurocharged said they would flash it back to stock but I have to either remove my ECU and cover the cost of shipping both ways (to Texas from DC) or buy a $300 dollar hand held tuner (which they don't even have any more in stock), for which they will send me a stock tune file for free, and flash it myself.
I have an ASP pulley waiting to go on once I get all the A/F gremlins figured out, but will not be giving Eurocharged my business again for a new tune. They don't seem too willing to work with me to get the ECU flashed back to stock or even just re-tune it, even though I've already spent around $500 for the first tune session.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts