Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and i have a planned trip to the south of france via germany and swiss,the first night we are stopping near metz before continuing down the autobahn (going to try and max the 350 out!!) to swiss where we will drive to annecy to stay two days at the hotel splendid,two nights will then be spent in Villeneuve loubet east of nice and then on to montpellier for a further two days,a chilled drive back north to calais including a night in paris completes this much anticipated trip.:tu:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
When are you departing? Metz was full of Canadians back in the '50s - had a fighter Wing there. Sounds like a great trip - have fun on the autobahn, but keep an eye on the rearview (there's always someone faster than you!).

·
Registered 2004 SLK55 AMG
380 Posts
Oh, i live in Antibes, just after Villeneuve Loubet... ;)

A little project with my new toy: GoPro Hero2 to archived my rides by a SLK on the roads in the south-east France.

One preview in full-hd : Pellafol ... Pellafol - YouTube

Good vision ! :Beer:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re

Hey marco
great video just exactly where is the video shot?,it looks very much like the grenoble area,we cant wait to get going but need my car back from the bodyshop first!!!!
regards simon:tu:

·
Registered 2004 SLK55 AMG
380 Posts
Hi Simon !

This is the plane of Pellafol, a 1km after the Lac of Sautet, near city Corps.

Is the area of the Parc des Ecrins.
Many times i go here for my trip: Gap -> Briancon -> Col du Lautaret -> Bourg d'Oisans -> Col d'Ormon -> Corps (Lac du Sautet and his hooverdam) -> Col du Festre and stop in my Hotel, here: Ambiance - Hôtel Azur - Gap, hotel logis de france proche de Gap, golf bayard, domaine de charance

Low prices, Parking covered reserved and close at night. :burnout:

I you need help to run in this area, called me to create a road-book.

More video uploaded in youtube: check on my space "Depanneur06"...;)

Bourg d'Oisans vers Corps part 2/2 - YouTube

:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EURO TRIP update

We left the uk this morning catching the 0720 train through the channel tunnel, as painless as this was it was raining when we arrived lol it was sunny when we left Folkestone!!!
Anyway we made good progress via Rheims stopping for a lunch of bread and cheese and a swift cuppa!, we arrived at our first hotel south of Strasbourg at 1700 having travelled 500 miles and used a tank and a half of fuel averaging 32.6 at 80ish mph, so happy with that as it was more than I expected , we dined in the hotel and are now watching the Olympic opening ceremery , annecy tomorrow via Swiss
Regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts