Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just done Euro Charged Tune on my lunch break , every thing went as expected , cant wait to submit my feedback few facts

1- i run windows 8.1 64 bit , you need to run the software as an administrator
This can be done by right click on the exe file and you will see run as
after running it update and install latest drives ( ran just fine )

2- i was kind of worried running it without disconnecting the fans or battery tender but i did not buy the battery tender nor wanted to touch the fans , thank god it went ok .

3- i received the message lost some packet after finish the flash successful i turned the car off then turned on " did not see any errors "

i contacted euro charged and they said since the car started should be no issue and i should ignore the error and not flash again

Please let me know if you have any questions i will submit my impression after driving in the weekend

Regards
Amr

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after driving last night on the highways , what a treat , the car after tuning pick up very fast , pushing the gas paddle down just make you have this silly smile that your unable to hide

i see how the engine reacts more smooth , i know that Transmutation should not be effected but i cant help it to see the difference in rpm while shifting between gears , its just smooth , i don't think they increased the rev as it still shift at 3000 rpm , major thing i saw gas millage increased

more to come from driving today doing Oregon wine tour

Amr

·
Registered
58 Posts
Now that you have had the tune for a couple of months, how do you like it? Was it worth it? As issues, or observations? What would you like to be different?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Now that you have had the tune for a couple of months, how do you like it? Was it worth it? As issues, or observations? What would you like to be different?

I've had mine on my 2001 SLK 320 for over a month now, very satisfied with the outcome.

There is an appreciable increase in performance, car feels more responsive to throttle input, the throttle itself is crisper and the acceleration is much better with a bit of a gain in mileage as well.

All told this is a great value for money option which is easy to install and definitely worth every penny.

Now I feel I need to get a TCU tune to get the transmission to perform better to make the most of the ECU tune !!!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I waited for Eurocharged to do their Black Friday special on their ECU & TCU tune last November. $600 for both seemed like a good deal so I went for it. I found out about them while searching MB World about 8 months ago, right after I got my '55. They did the same sale in 2013 too but I think both was $500 at the time.

The TCU tune requires sending them the box. What I really wanted was a modified valve body to make the shifts harder and chirp the tires but I haven't found anyone that does much for the 722.9. That is with the exception of Weistec out in Cali. I haven't found anyone who has used any of their tranny stuff. Anyone care to comment?

Anyhow I haven't had the time to deal with that yet and am waiting to install headers/xpipe before doing the Eurocharged ECU in car flash.

I suppose I could do the flash on a stock motor now since their software includes updates for different/future mods for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts