Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered 2002 SLK32 & 2008 SLK200
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, currently my benz herd consists of R129 and R171 but I scored a SLK32 in US recently. I live in EU and we have non-symetrical beam vs symetrcal in US . Anyone knows if OEM R170 xenons (option 612) in US cars is symetrical or maybe its the same as in EU? If not is the lens interchangeable or its a sealed unt?
thanks.

Registered 2002 SLK320
Hi,

Lenses on UK Cars simply un clip ;)

I take it you are aware of LHD / RHD Bulb sheilds :wink:

HTH, Cheers Dave

Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
Can't you just point your car at a wall and see if the beam is an EU cut off or a forward dip US type. And does it matter? Maybe need to check with your local annual testing station. I see plenty of admittedly old US cars here in Finland with what at least look like a forward dip beam. And in the UK, Corvette beams did not used to be modified from the standard US pattern.

Registered 2002 SLK320
It matters a lot more with Xenon's and BiXe's, and in UK it is law that anything Xenon must have working self levelling motors for use and the annual test :wink:

Thing is Dave, Pawel lives in Poland and as far as I know, apart from the US, light regs in most of the world follow the UN ECE regs which are quite different to those of the US. How Poland deals with imported cars and lights is something else. I take your point on self leveling which also applies to any low beam headlight over about 2000 lumens. But we don't want to get into that....... It's an emotive subject amongst those who happily swap in Chinese LED bulbs!!!!!

Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input. The car will be here within 4 weeks... I assume option code is the same EU and US so the beam should be similar ie acceptable in EU (except GB of course!).
Moreover we have historical titles in Poland for vehicles older than 30 yrs - R170 doesnt count yet so it has to comply with current EU rules regarding safety, emissions and lights.
My challenger has red trn signals 0 EURO emissions category :) and yellow historical plates.

Attachments

I think the dip angle is more important than the pattern spread Pawel. It's unlikely, but they may check the lamp coding when you import but you could ask about that I guess.

Like the Challenger! My passion used to be V12 Jags which I ran on historical plates. A replacement knee and another couple of health issues persuaded me to let the last one go about 5 years ago but I missed getting my hands dirty, so here we are.......

May I ask what the freight costs were very roughly?

Discussion Starter #9
Hey Rofa, shipping from NJ to Bremerhaven (you have lower VAT and easier customs procedures than we have) is 1650$, this includes picking up the car at the seller warehouse in Florida, insurance, careful packaging in container. 11 yrs ago I paid for challenger $1000 for shipment NJ-Gdynia and $500 for trailer TX-NJ.
So more potos of my original go mango color RT: https://www.facebook.com/70challengerRT/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts