Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
As i live on the other side of the pond i have fitted one with km/h instead of mph :nerd:
Fully working condition no issues what so ever with display/glass or anything else.
Came out of my 2007 55 wich has only done 60k so pretty much in immaculate condition.

Great classy upgrade for the R171 owners with a "normal" R171.

Price : £399 including shipping to the UK

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,857 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
4. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for parts, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

SLKWorld is not liable for any problems that result out of participating in Buying/Selling on this site.
Let the buyer/seller beware.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is it possible to set the odometer on this to the current mileage on my R171? I'm assuming your new one had zero km and the odometer was set at the dealer.
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't got the expericence on a mercedese but on other brands its normally possible.
As long as the mileage needs to be adjusted up on the "new" odometer and not down (due to obvious reasons).
There are also possibility's to get a used odometer "adjusted" to new so you can get it programmed at a dealer like a brand new example.

This specific odometer has only about 68k miles on it.
@i860 could you shed some light on the programming side ?

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Is it possible to set the odometer on this to the current mileage on my R171? I'm assuming your new one had zero km and the odometer was set at the dealer.
Thanks
The miles showing on the odometer display are surely those stored in the vehicles ECU rather than anything stored on the odometer itself?

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I believe it has to be a new cluster unit to have the original miles transfred over to it
A second hand unit cant be done by mercedes or wont be .

Had to replace one on a CL 600 V12 Beast a while back .

Independent ;) maybe able to do it ?

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Miles and km are stored in multiple units, engine ecu, instrument cluster, eis.
You need to do initial tart up of the instrument cluster, match the vin number and the miles/km the car will check all the units for data and write in your instrument cluster.
If you want to manipulate the km/miles you need smoke
SMOK - SMOK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts