Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 R171 with the esp unavailable message. I have had the error codes read and have found the following. (ENGINE) Error 2041 Steering column module CAN message implausible - Intermittent (BRAKE) ESP -ESPMK25 Error C1036 -CAN communication steering angle - Intermittent Error C1172 Steering angle sensor, internal fault - Intermittent (INSTRUMENT) Error 911A -Fault in CAN communication with control module SCM or Steering column module. (MULTIFUNCTION) Steering column module MRM171 Error 9325 -CAN communication multifunction steering wheel - Intermittent Error 9334 - Steering angle sensor faulty signal - Intermittent Error 9352 -Steering angle sensor speed. I have had the car just over a month and have some service history showing a new steering angle sensor fitted last November. I assume some of these errors could be 'left over' from that. I have had the errors cleared and I will be revisiting the garage to see which errors have reoccurred. The car also feels like it is pulling to the right but not all the times. Can this esp fault be applying the brakes? This is most noticeable at slow speeds. Could this however be a poorly tracked vehicle which would also cause the esp fault??? Any help would be gladly appreciated. Regards Dave.

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
1,001 Posts
IF the previous owner fitted a new steering sensor, it is very suspicious that the fault codes were not cleared at the time. It is also very suspicious that the car would not have had the tracking checked as well.
I do not know exactly, but I think the tracking would have to be way out to set off the ESP warning. If the garage did clear the codes and they have come back, then I think they have a lot more to look at. Does this garage understand MBs?

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,977 Posts
I've had the ESP warning with Steering Angle Sensor codes in the past, as a result of a (very) bad alignment job. In my case the steering wheel was not in the center position when the wheels were straightened out. They redid the alignment and cleared the codes and all was fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.