Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just had letter regarding ESP recall. Apparently if automatic braking has been used the brakes stay slightly on leading to over heating!
Sorry to hear that. Most ALWAYS when they make changes to a vehicle or even more so when they come out with something new, there are going to be recalls and faults because the reality of it is that the customer base is also the (guinea pig) so to speak for all the beta testing. It is a good rule to wait a few years b4 buying one that has been redesigned or is new altogether and let the kinks get worked out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had a call from the dealership about this last week. Had not noticed the problem before, but on Friday last week I noticed it had left the brakes on after the brake assist plus had slowed me down. It was noticeable that the car was being held back when trying to accelerate, but tapping the brake pedal instantly released the brakes.

Have it booked in for next week, and the dealership will do a free valet/clean while it's there :D

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,164 Posts
Had a call from the dealership about this last week.

Have it booked in for next week, and the dealership will do a free valet/clean while it's there :D
Don't let them touch your wheels. Read lotsa horror stories here about the h.d. "wash" solution they use. Damages the finish.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Had a call from the dealership about this last week. Had not noticed the problem before, but on Friday last week I noticed it had left the brakes on after the brake assist plus had slowed me down. It was noticeable that the car was being held back when trying to accelerate, but tapping the brake pedal instantly released the brakes.

I would seriously avoid the FREE valet/clean unless you just don't care about your car:wink: Ya I edited all my ranting about the complimentary detail service, still stewing over all the damage they caused me:mad:.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,355 Posts
@ my dealership - Mercedes Benz of Burlington (MA) this has to be one of the crem-de-crem of MB dealerships. All top notch, from when you walk in through the front door, be it Service or Sales... the facility is impeccable and the freebies - food, snacks, drinks, even a nail salon are all there for customers... on-site is a full-service very high-end car detailing operation. It is a very busy operation constantly filled with high-end MBs and exotics getting the royal detailing work... I trust this dealership to do right with the frebbie car wash service. They have installed an excellent system for car detailing as an add-on to the regular auto service program. Highly recommended... Love my dealership...

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
I found out about the re call when I booked my 43 in for an early service and very late diff oil change . I'm on 7000 miles now but I will be off to my usual Nurburgring , France , Spain road trip in August and would rather have it all done early than do it when I get back .

·
Registered
866 Posts
@ my dealership - Mercedes Benz of Burlington (MA) this has to be one of the crem-de-crem of MB dealerships. All top notch, from when you walk in through the front door, be it Service or Sales... the facility is impeccable and the freebies - food, snacks, drinks, even a nail salon are all there for customers... on-site is a full-service very high-end car detailing operation. It is a very busy operation constantly filled with high-end MBs and exotics getting the royal detailing work... I trust this dealership to do right with the frebbie car wash service. They have installed an excellent system for car detailing as an add-on to the regular auto service program. Highly recommended... Love my dealership...
Lucky you, what I get for living in the low down dirty south:grin: Ya, they are not all created equal for sure. Can't say any of that for MB of no deal Mobile, Al. Hell they even ran us off on two vehicle sales. Flew to Colorado to buy mine, and had MB of Huntsville deliver my wife's. Oh well, I'm side tracking again. Ooooops, my bad. Where were we, oh ya watch out for that impeccable service:grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts

Have it booked in for next week, and the dealership will do a free valet/clean while it's there
I would seriously avoid the FREE valet/clean unless you just don't care about your car
If MB dealerships in the UK are anything like the ones we have here in the states then you can CERTAINLY expect damage EVERY time.
I tend to find the free valets and cleans to be very good - no damage and they tend to fix minor blemishes nicely :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
I tend to find the free valets and cleans to be very good - no damage and they tend to fix minor blemishes nicely :)
Well at least you don't have to worry about that portion, now if they can just do the repair work without damaging something else then your all good. Good luck with the recall as I'm sure the level of human error in the European MB shops is much lower than here, hell its why I bought a MB to begin with:grin:. I'm just in the wrong place for good service (costly, damaging) unfortunately and unfairly bitter about it:|.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seat Memory reset

Had the update done today. Just to mention, it appears that the very expensive option extra electric seat memory gets reset.

Not happy about that as I've got 800 miles to drive tomorrow.:frown:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.