Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My SLK has the typical ESP error on dash, I've make a diagnosis and it shows C1172 in the angle sensor. I've recalibrate the sensor but the error is still there.

My doubt about replace the angle sensor is that if I take a look to the values of the sensor it shows 360 degrees in the center position, if I turn right if decrease, if I turn left increase, so the sensor seems ok, or at least it's reading the degrees of the steering wheel, but don't know if that's normal despite of the C1172 error.

So, what do you think, should I replace it? Should I make any other tests? The battery is new, so I discard electrical problems related to that (the error was also there with the old battery, that died a few days ago).

·
Registered 2005 SLK200K
35 Posts
Hi

My SLK has the typical ESP error on dash, I've make a diagnosis and it shows C1172 in the angle sensor. I've recalibrate the sensor but the error is still there.

My doubt about replace the angle sensor is that if I take a look to the values of the sensor it shows 360 degrees in the center position, if I turn right if decrease, if I turn left increase, so the sensor seems ok, or at least it's reading the degrees of the steering wheel, but don't know if that's normal despite of the C1172 error.

So, what do you think, should I replace it? Should I make any other tests? The battery is new, so I discard electrical problems related to that (the error was also there with the old battery, that died a few days ago).
Yes-mine did the dsame-i could see the steering angles moving onb my scanner but the sas fault was on. Bought new sensor from MB (£190) and all was fine

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes-mine did the dsame-i could see the steering angles moving onb my scanner but the sas fault was on. Bought new sensor from MB (£190) and all was fine
Thanks. Seems strange that the sensor reads properly the values but the module shows it as a failed sensor, anyway I'll take a look to eBay and if I can't find a recycled one I'll go to the dealer to order a new one.

·
Registered 2005 SLK200K
35 Posts
Thanks. Seems strange that the sensor reads properly the values but the module shows it as a failed sensor, anyway I'll take a look to eBay and if I can't find a recycled one I'll go to the dealer to order a new one.
I know-i thought so too-but a new sas fixed it! I could see the angle ranges changing fullleft and full right yet it still said sas faulty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts