Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've read just about every thread in the archives on this topic. I found one old thread that mentioned this and was able to contact the owner via PM.

I am curious if anyone else is using the Esco 13" (10498) or 11" (10499) jack stands on a R171.

ESCO 10498 and ESCO 10499 Jack Stands for BMW, MINI, MB, and Nissan GT-R

I own the older 13" model for another car and although they were stable (once the car was lifted), I had a problem. I had to lift my non-MB car so high and at such a steep angle, the opposite end of the car risked scraping on the floor of the garage. Overall, I just did not feel safe getting the car on and off the jack stands.

Anyone using the Esco 13" or other tall jack stands?

Thanks

Bill

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
806 Posts
No experience with the ESCOs, but I had a set of the Reverse Logic custom Torin T43004 which appear to have the same minimum height (11") as the ESCO 10499. Unfortunately, I sold my Torins when I moved, and he is no longer selling the Torins with the custom posts, so I'm debating picking up a set of the 10499s.

If height is your worry, you can always drive the car up on ramps (or wood) first. I have to drive the front of my car onto ramps because my AMG is lowered.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No experience with the ESCOs, but I had a set of the Reverse Logic custom Torin T43004 which appear to have the same minimum height (11") as the ESCO 10499. Unfortunately, I sold my Torins when I moved, and he is no longer selling the Torins with the custom posts, so I'm debating picking up a set of the 10499s.

If height is your worry, you can always drive the car up on ramps (or wood) first. I have to drive the front of my car onto ramps because my AMG is lowered.
Once I get a better / longer / lower floor jack I will try the 13" stands, take some pictures and measurements. I am going to try Fred's custom posts instead of the flat tops.

I really liked the 10498s especially since my other car did not have jack points anymore. That giant flat tops were a big help. The 10498s are really wide and the tripod footprint was great. The welds are ugly but I had a car on these for 2 years with no problems.

If I could do it all over again and buy these a few years later, I would buy the 10499s A max height of 17" is fine. I doubt I would ever need the max of 21" on the 10498.

Edit - Will try driving up on some wood. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.