Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2015 SLK350
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday the missus and I head out on our vacation to England and France. We will travel through Yorkshire, The Cotswolds, Cornwall and then London where we will spend a week. We will then travel on to Paris, via the Eurostar. We are both very excited and hope the weather and various strikers co-operate.

I will take some of my stash of SLK forum business cards and maybe I will have the opportunity to pass some out as we travel. I wish we were taking our SLK but we'll have to settle for a rental car and then a motor coach.:|

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to run into some of you guys when I am handing out my cards.

Cheers, Ken

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Sounds like a great vacation... perhaps mention some specific dates and members could present some hospitality. I highly recommend the Borough Market (Wed-Sat I think) on the south side of the river from the Tower of London, near the Shard. Lots to see in the immediate area, but great food and people watching...nice stroll along the river...

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
300 Posts

I don't know which route you planto take from Yorkshire to the Cotswolds, but when I drive that route I turn offthe M1 at Leicester onto the M69, then the A5 exit off the M69 to pick up theold Roman road, the Fosse Way at 'High Cross' (52°29'36"N 001°18'19"Wfor your SatNav), which is a great SLK road and takes you to Cirencester viaBrinklow, Princethorpe, Halford, Moreton-in-Marsh and Stow-in-the-Wold. Then you can continue via Tetbury to the A46,then the M4/M5 to Cornwall - but at this time of year the M5 can be very busy,especially at the start of the weekend.

Have a nice trip!

·
Registered 2015 SLK350
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will definitely check that route out on the plane - we're staying a few nights in Stow, so it should work. I was afraid about the M5, guess I'll just have to join the line heading south :frown:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Re Borough Market.... right across from the Porters' Arms (beers outside on the street, kind of like road hockey for grown ups) is a guy selling duck confit with rocket/arugula on a roll...awesome..

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,124 Posts
Re Borough Market.... right across from the Porters' Arms (beers outside on the street, kind of like road hockey for grown ups) is a guy selling duck confit with rocket/arugula on a roll...awesome..

Duck confit... in the UK... wow... perhaps I should introduce my neighbours to a Ploughman's Lunch... :grin::grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts