Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW issue.. HELP PLEASE !!!!!
Parked the car,, got out 2 minutes later car wouldnt turn over.. PLENTY of battery. After a few minutes it started.. 20 minutes later engine died while driving.. 5 minutes later it started... HELP PLEASE.. Thank you..

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Take it to an Auto shop and get them to hook it up to an OBD2 reader and it will indicate the fault codes and show what is wrong.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I took it to my mechanic and he put it on the computer.. It showed no codes.....And there are no engine warning lights on the dash lit up...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oct 15th it completed it's yearly major service at Tampa Mercedes.. :) What on Earth would make the car dead one minute with full battery then 5 minutes later let it function as if nothing was wrong........

·
Registered
159 Posts
OK folks I took it to Tampa Mercedes and it was the Crank Shaft Position Sensor.. Replaced it and all is well...
same problem/symptoms here about 2 months ago. Turns out this crankshaft pos. sensor is a part that will need replacing after awhile, common maintenace thing or else you car may just die, then restart 20 plus minutes later never knowing when it will happen again. Part can be had on-line for $60 but in a tight spot to get at. How much did it cost you to replace it? Parts? Labour?

·
Registered
100 Posts
For this problem when you turn the key:

If the car turns over but doesn't start its the CPS,

If it doesn't even turn over its the K40.

Good to hear you got it fixed :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I replaced my CPS right after buying the car, it was a cheap 'fix' at the moment. It didn't solve the problem (I found out that I had a faulty alternator) but there are 3 advantages to having done this:

1) I have a spare in the car
2) I have the tools in the car to fix the issue
3) I have done the repair and so when it does fail, I'll be experienced :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts