Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has mine 030 Perf. Package struts/shock replaced with Bilstein "sport" yesterday for only $900 ($750 parts/$150 labors). I got great deal on labor compared to every other shop quoted me around $450-$550 for labors. The installation only took about 1.5 hrs. He did it without even need to remove the spring from the car.:hail::hail:. The car now ride very smooth and sporty. That's because both of mine oem struts was shot. On the way home, my engine shut down and lost all power and stop dead on the fast lane:eek::eek: . I could restart the engine at all. Call 911, Cops came and push my car off the freeway. I has it towed to Walter's Mercedes. can't wait to get it back this weekend and take her out again. She also just got the new released Falken 453 tires (it super quit and very smooth).

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Any CEL light up?

Cranskshaft Position Sensor failure.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any CEL light up?

Cranskshaft Position Sensor failure.
My first thought was the Crankshaft Pos. Sensor. But then I was able to restart a couple times but when i hit the gas paddle, the car would not move at all. Then my second thought was the gas paddle. The dealer called and said that no fuel pressure cause by a blown fuse. The don't know what cause the fuel pump 'fuse' to blew. They want to keep the car for one day drive around to see if the fuse would blow again. Today they said that I need a new fuel pump. Car is ready for pick up tomorrow.

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,915 Posts
Just the fuse would've been cheaper! :D Glad you like the new stiffer setup, Linh. I luuuuv my Bilsteins!! :tu:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Did you go with B6 or B8?
My front shocks might be due to replacement soon cause I live in a pothole country. (and I don't like to brake for speed bumps)

·
4,915 Posts
Did you go with B6 or B8?
My front shocks might be due to replacement soon cause I live in a pothole country. (and I don't like to brake for speed bumps)
I went with B8s and I think Linh did as well. If your car is not lowered you should go with the B6.

·
4,915 Posts
How would you compare the ride feeling before (only springs) and after the shocks?
I have the B8s on Eibach Prokit. The ride is nice and stiff. Definitely better than with the longer stock shocks. I started with the Eibachs with the stock shocks and was warned they wouldn't last long. And sure enough, less than 20K miles later they were trashed.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I has mine 030 Perf. Package struts/shock replaced with Bilstein "sport" yesterday for only $900 ($750 parts/$150 labors). I got great deal on labor compared to every other shop quoted me around $450-$550 for labors. The installation only took about 1.5 hrs. He did it without even need to remove the spring from the car.:hail::hail:. The car now ride very smooth and sporty. That's because both of mine oem struts was shot. On the way home, my engine shut down and lost all power and stop dead on the fast lane:eek::eek: . I could restart the engine at all. Call 911, Cops came and push my car off the freeway. I has it towed to Walter's Mercedes. can't wait to get it back this weekend and take her out again. She also just got the new released Falken 453 tires (it super quit and very smooth).
Which shop charged $150 labor? Hope you get your car back on the road soon.

:hb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts