Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine light on. Code EGR malfunction. Reset it twice just to see if it was a fluke, not my luck. Anyone have this problem in the past on a 55. Please let me know how you solved it. Afraid to dealer it.without more knowledge. thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts

EGR valve or one of the vacuum lines running to valve most likely plugged.
Might just check if any lines are loose first before going into dealer. Dealer will replace it rather than cleaning it as the part itself is just $90 ( from a auto supply store, not from the dealer). labor probably most of the cost.....

·
Banned
992 Posts
Engine light on. Code EGR malfunction. Reset it twice just to see if it was a fluke, not my luck. Anyone have this problem in the past on a 55. Please let me know how you solved it. Afraid to dealer it.without more knowledge. thanks
Let us know how you get on. With photos would be great - I don't even know where my EGR is located! :eek:

Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let us know how you get on. With photos would be great - I don't even know where my EGR is located! :eek:
back of engine by fire wall, right next to the dip stick less oil dip stick tube:)
silver diaphragm valve about 3 inches in diameter...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arter I am sure you are correct, but like Deafy I'm not sure were it is. I have appt with indy repair on sat. will let you know. Thanks for the responses

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All better

It was the EGR system malfunction. Dealer wanted 75.00 for comuter diagnostics, 160.00 for the valve and over 300. for labor.A indy AMG mechanic said to clean the 1/2in metal tube leading to the valve thats the problem 90% of the time, carbon build up. 2 hours of my time. FREE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts