Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MB part webpage states “... This ready-to-use wax is sprayed directly out of the can onto the necessary area for outstanding, long lasting protection.”

Has anyone ever used this MB Mercedes-Benz Engine Compartment Protectant Wax (part number A000986337011) or have any idea where one would spray that? :confused:

Thanks.

Rico.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,311 Posts
I don't use that. The protectant I use is from a local independent. I simply mist it over the engine compartment lightly and wipe the hoses etc. glosses up beautifully. Sort of like a spray gummifledge with shine. ?

·
5,311 Posts
Now you’re competing with Sarge, he does the outside you’re doing the inside!
Now you know I can't compete with Sarge.....he has a hybrid 55/32 for crying out loud. All that wax on the outside weights that sucker down....hence, his hybrid. As we know, it is the inside that counts!

·
5,311 Posts
Was thinking more along the lines of a steam clean?
I have a mini one I use for oven at home.
I too have a mini-steamer about the size of a large coffee pot with a narrow head on it. There are so many electronics on these babies, I am reluctant to put steam in the engine compartment.

If you are bold enough, do a video for us and see how it works!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't use that. The protectant I use is from a local independent. I simply mist it over the engine compartment lightly and wipe the hoses etc. glosses up beautifully. Sort of like a spray gummifledge with shine. ?
I will give it a try, thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts