Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience of installing an engine block heater to R171 350 (04-06)? There is now outside -20 celsius here in Finland and it would be brutal to start engine in this weather without warming it up a bit first. Only thing is that i was unable to find what kind of heater you are able to fit to this 3,5l engine block.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Has anyone experience of installing an engine block heater to R171 350 (04-06)? There is now outside -20 celsius here in Finland and it would be brutal to start engine in this weather without warming it up a bit first. Only thing is that i was unable to find what kind of heater you are able to fit to this 3,5l engine block.

Any advice is appreciated.
Dont know anything about pre heaters but this is a UK company that supply them for DIY

http://www.kenlowe.com/pre-heaters/cars/diy.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JonB, I'll look into that also. I am more looking hints what Defa/Calix set to use, if anyone has experience of those...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello Teemu. I have installed Defa heater to my SLK350.
Found the defa part number it was heater 411459, defa power socket assembly 460915 and defa connector cable 460920.

Installed it for my self.

Ahdaspaikkahan se oli. Tulee alavesiletkun väliin kiinni moottoriin. Asensin parivuotta sitten.

My SLK 350 daily driver, and last week we had -30 celsius here in Seinäjoki

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I end up buyng vehicle from Finland, so it had these already installed. Easier that way.. :)

Anyhow, thanks for the info Finn-SLK350!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys, I'm reviving this old thread. I use my SLK as my daily driver here in Toronto and we've been having some terribly cold days. I'm looking to install a block heater in my 06 SLK280. Any thoughts on how this can be done?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Teemu. I have installed Defa heater to my SLK350.
Found the defa part number it was heater 411459, defa power socket assembly 460915 and defa connector cable 460920.

Installed it for my self.

Ahdaspaikkahan se oli. Tulee alavesiletkun väliin kiinni moottoriin. Asensin parivuotta sitten.

My SLK 350 daily driver, and last week we had -30 celsius here in Seinäjoki
I would like to install one too. Could you not take some pictures? So I can see were you put the things!
Carl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts