Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
This is really a pitty! BBS built the rims in Germany on the worldwide highest level. There are galaxies between the quality of BBS and Brabus rims. If you can get some BBS rims, do not hasitate Dan.

I believe BBS is coming back.

A cheap sister of BBS is Asa. www.asa-wheels.de, those rims you can compare with Brabus or others like AMG. AMG rims had been build by Ronal and I´ve been to a iron foundry in the CFR some years ago. They put Ronal rims into cartons, signed: made in Germany! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I heard from a rep at Topline in Burlingame that BBS is making a comeback with some new style rims. To hear them goes belly up is quite a surprise. BBS used to be the shiet back in the days...

·
Registered
72 Posts
really surprising

as I have just cpome back from the Geneva Autoshow and they had a stand there!!!

Wonder whats going on

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
BBS made 200.000.000,00 Euro volume of sales in the year 2006 and a loss of 3.800.000,00 Euro. They employ 1.200 people.

The risen steel prices made their loss. Funny: Their order books are full and they changed their management without success. (I do not tell anything about German managers, because I would kicked out here)

They tried to get a credit from multiple banks , but one said no. So they declared their inability to pay.

But I believe the country will give them a credit, in the moment there are negotiations about it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
awful news. heard this recenty.
Rial are also a good wheel maker whose rims resemble BBS.
however hadr to beat a good set of BBS LeMans with strecthed tyres....mmmmmmmm

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK since this thread is prob the best place to ask i need some help.

I fancy some new wheels for the beast so far i like the -

Brabus Monoblock S (The fav at the moment)
BBS 16 Spoke (If i can get my hands on some prob from the US arm of the company)
OZ Ultraleggera (Not the HLT because its only in 20" but do i want Crystal Titanium / Matt Graphite Silver / Matt Black)
OZ Superturismo GT (So long as its not the WRC version i hate white)
OZ Superleggera III in graphite (Cheers Ynot!)

Suggestions?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
OK since this thread is prob the best place to ask i need some help.

I fancy some new wheels for the beast so far i like the -

Brabus Monoblock S (The fav at the moment)
BBS 16 Spoke (If i can get my hands on some prob from the US arm of the company)
OZ Ultraleggera (Not the HLT because its only in 20" but do i want Crystal Titanium / Matt Graphite Silver / Matt Black)
OZ Superturismo GT (So long as its not the WRC version i hate white)

Suggestions?

CLK DTM wheels from O.Z racing.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I heard from a rep at Topline in Burlingame that BBS is making a comeback with some new style rims. To hear them goes belly up is quite a surprise. BBS used to be the shiet back in the days...
I think that's their problem, wheel manufacturers that succeed eg. HRE continuously offer the latest and greatest designs, new and better ways wheels, from alloy to forged. When I see BBS, I think back to the late 80's early 90's and I still see them that way, they have not made any new designs that I like.

Dan, OZ Superleggera III in graphite will look superb in your SLK. :tu:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool i must have missed them cheers mate thats another for the list

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.