Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for a manual for my R170 I came across a seller on Google offering electronic manuals on line. I bought a manual for my car but after the download I found that I could not use them despite having the correct readers on my PC.
When I tried to contact the seller direct I had the message that their account was in dispute with paypal and it was not possible to contact. I tried to contact the seller through Pay pal and got the same message. I immediately made a complaint to paypal.
After my complaint the seller made contact in a series of abusive and rude e mails. The dispute is on going, thankfuly it was not a lot of money but the principal is morally wrong.
If you are tempted to use this site, and from my experience dont touch them.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
533 Posts
In my search for a manual for my R170 I came across a seller on Google offering electronic manuals on line. I bought a manual for my car but after the download I found that I could not use them despite having the correct readers on my PC.
When I tried to contact the seller direct I had the message that their account was in dispute with paypal and it was not possible to contact. I tried to contact the seller through Pay pal and got the same message. I immediately made a complaint to paypal.
After my complaint the seller made contact in a series of abusive and rude e mails. The dispute is on going, thankfuly it was not a lot of money but the principal is morally wrong.
If you are tempted to use this site, and from my experience dont touch them.
If it's an owner's manual you're looking for, you can probably download one from Mercedes Benz.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,615 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
514 Posts
Bryn, I'm afraid that this 'scam' has been going on for many a year now

https://www.steelrat.net/index.php/emanualsonline-scam/

If there's anything you need to know about your R170, this forum is very hard to beat.
As a starting point try here

SLK-Class!

and if you don't find your answer, then as they say, search is your friend.

Failing that, post up your query. These cars have been around a long time and I bet that there's a member here who can help you out. :tu:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for responding but I was after a more technical manual, in particular one with wiring diagrams, I have an owners manual which is useful for fuses etc but not so handy for wiring.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello TFP Thanks for your help, I will look over the weekend, and hopefully find whatever it is thats causing the problem, there again if the sun is out I might just take the roof down and enjoy until next weekend haha.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sun was out, the roof was down and the car was fantastic, I have owned many cars over the years, but none come close to the character this SLK has

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.