Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. I'd like to share my experience with you. A couple of days ago I was thinking of buying a cheap scanner to read engine parameters, find and erase trouble codes and came across the mentined above USB adapter. Having searched different forums where people doubted its ability to connect to the ECU (pre-facelift European models do not have OBD connector under the steering wheel) I decided to give it a try. And now I can say it works (engine only) and the live parameters appear to be quite accurate (compared to STARdiag). I hope it might be useful for those looking for a cheap solution. There are some minor details about installing, setting and connecting I'll eagerly share should it be necessary.
Here are some pics. Enjoy:

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Please do share. Photos and tutorials welcome.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,391 Posts
Until you update this thread, I will move to the r170 general discussion section
The DIY section is for already created DIYs only.

Thanks and looking forward to your diy.

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to your request I've uploaded some pics. Sorry for the poor quality, but the only stuff available was my old nokia. Should anyone need installation instructions and free software (the software on the cd in the package is crappy) feel free to contact me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.