Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watched Top Gear on BBC tonight. They did a review of the electric SLS, impressive. except the batteries didn't last that long. but hey, only 340K pounds

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
560 Posts
Is that all? I can buy two, brand new SLK55's over here for that ( at $171,101 each, on road), one for him and one for her. I just wouldn't be able to pay for the petrol. :)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I understand an electric car for daily commute and fuel economy but I don't know about supercars. One of the attributes that makes a supercar is the sound.

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,209 Posts
Electric Super car is a novelty - I think I saw someone who stuck a "Hybrid" badge on his 2006 Vette... He had a custom hood -

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Electric SLS

A huge chunk of the fun with the SLS is the sound, nothing but wind noise I think would be a little unnerving.

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Isn't the whole point of cars like the SLS just to show off, for both the buyer and the manufacturer? So, to get performance like this out of an electric engine I'd say mission accomplished. The lines look best in shades of silver, black and metallic blue if you ask me. Yellow is for 2003 Xterras.

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
P.S. I love Top Gear and, as a speaker of 'merican, it's delightful to learn the car has 739 "horsepowers." Sounds more like we're discussing Pokeman...

"The term Pokémon, in addition to referring to the Pokémon franchise itself, also collectively refers to the 718 known fictional species that have made appearances in Pokémon media as of the release of the sixth generation titles." - Pokémon on Wikipedia

1 - 16 of 16 Posts