Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
my SLK R170 200 Kompressor '97 does not end giving me a lot of problems.

Long story short one day I found the car dead in my garage, so I asked for help trying to jump start it and it worked for few.

Then the problems started to surface badly:

- doors won't lock/unlock
- doors lock/unlocks when they want
- alarm goes on/off, even while driving

I replaced *all* the fuses, checked the PSE and it's fine, checked the K40 and it's fine, removed radio, nothing.

A new, fully charged battery goes dry in about 4 days of non using the car.
Apparently no one in Italy can solve this as I spent a lot of money to get it checked out.

Four days ago while I was driving I saw the anti theft red light in the trunk come up and the clacson (alarm) started going off but not so loud. Immediately I knew it was about the battery, drove home, left it parked with no battery attached.
Yesterday I tried to exchange the battery again with a fully charged one, and now, whenever I connect the new battery, immediately the alarm siren goes off but it's sound it's continuative, it doesn't pause every second like a normal anti theft. In-car anti theft red light stays on permanently.

The siren should be located under the plastic near the windscreen and the engine section if I'm not mistaken.

From what I gather this alarm siren should not have backup batteries and it should use the clacson on this model.

Now, my question, it is possible that a faulty siren can be held responsible for the quick battery drain and this behavior?

I tried everything and I don't know what else to do, current I have my car parked on a street in a zone where you get at least 10 cars a day bumping in your front/rear trying to park so yeah, I'd like to move it asap :p

I need advice, thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you ever manage to get this problem sorted? Sounds like hell but i'd like to know more if you have fixed this. Information is always handy if you passs it on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I solved it myself.

I removed the alarm horn positioned at the feet of the main windscreen; the drain holes were covered and it touched water starting to malfunction; since it's gone I never had any battery issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.