Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
It sounds lovely but would it be too loud when your in the car with the top off?

I have just the standard one and with the top off it sounds really nice

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't feel it fits with the SLK, just my personal opinion. I definitely love the sound of the 6 cylinder of the 320, but this one just sounds like a VW GTI.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I love the sound of this SLK :) Anyone have an exhaust like this?

I used to have the Eisenmann exhaust for my SLK230. I can tell you from personal experience that it makes a huge difference in sound.

The sound loudness in the video could be that of the Race version. The exhaust comes in two versions: Race and Sport. The latter is roughly the same decibel volume as OE but changes the exhaust note. The Race version is much higher decibel output.

I had the Sport version, and it sounded so nice compared to the OE exhaust on the 230k. It wasn't overly loud or sound like a wannabe racer... it had its own way of singing "look at me, I'm different". I wish I could hear it on a supercharged 6.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't overly loud or sound like a wannabe racer... it had its own way of singing "look at me, I'm different".
Im guessing thats more what im looking for really. I might agree that the one in the video I posted, have this "wannabe racer" sound :) The sound would fit a styled Eclipse or something tho. hehe.

Theres quite a few SLK's in Norway really, if you compare them to other cars, and thats one of the reasons i want one. I want a sportscar wich is, well, different :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm looking into exhaust, but I don't want a drastic change in sound. Can I just remove the cat for a small power boost? Anyone else just removed the catalytic converter? Are there any o2 sensors that need to adressed?

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
You can remove the resonator, I wouldn't remove the cat. The resonator delete will give you a deeper sound and save some weight off your vehicle. Several of the R170 owners have done this.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts