Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Today I replaced the stock springs of my 2000 SLK230 with EIBACH Pro-Kit Performance Lowering Springs which lower the car about 1.2"

The car looks great now and performs and corners much better. but I now notice some squeeking when going over speed bumps. Is this normal? is there a solution for it?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey there - I stumbled upon this thread because I am thinking of using the pro kit on my 2000 SLK. I in fact have got lowering springs but I don't know which ones the previous owner had installed. The end result though is that my car is definitely much lower than yours, though I must say that brings too many of it's own challenges - much harsher ride and also awful camber that requires extra kit to sort out. I take it that you have done an alignment after these were installed, and if yes, are your camber settings alright?

As to your questions - I understand that these cars use a "pads" system that go between the springs and the chassis to essentially determine the initial height. You could check to see if you have a thick pad and if necessary switch to thinner ones. As to the squeaks, are they from the suspension or elsewhere in the car. I do not think squeaks should occur, at least not from the suspension itself. But a stiffer setup (springs in this case) could potentially expose other loose or rubbing components. Just my 2 cents on the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.