Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for being such a newbie, but I'm trying to learn about this car.

My dealer has this car unsold on his floor room and we're starting to negotiate, but I can't find much info on it. The car seems bigger than the 55's I've seen, and with the +2 "seating" it makes it look gorgeous, IMHO. 450 HP, in black.

What should I know about this car? I can't seem to find any images or reviews of it, and it doesn't appear to be available in '09 - does that make it rare, or is it just not popular (or a loser)? Any thoughts or opinions appreciated as this is my first MB experience after decades of P-cars.

D

·
0 Posts
Are you being serious mate?

AMG have never made an SLK with the 6.3 engine in it so whatever your looking at is not a real AMG.

·
Registered
676 Posts
could it be you are mistaking an SLK with a CLK 63 amg cabriolet?
or else what do you mean with that ''+2 seating''?

brgds
ir-ops

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Same here, it's not an SLK but another model, from the +2 seating. Hard-top or soft-top convertible? As with ir-ops and Mohammed, I think it's a CLK.

Please don't tell me it is a CLK rebadged as an SLK.

D

·
0 Posts
Did think it at the time but figured the badge would be a giveaway, never thought about it being re-badged since it was at a dealer and i did not think they where stupid enough.

Never even noticed the +2 bit, gotta be a 209CLK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now it all makes sense - must be a CLK. They're closed today so will verify tomorrow.

I had a hunch something was wrong - I could of sworn it was badged as an SLK. Guess that's what happens walking into the new world of MB.

My apologies- sorry everyone!

·
Registered
676 Posts
well said tslick: no apologies necessary,

check it out, and let us know what it is dynarace,
it would be a real big surprise to see a re-badged amg clk in an mb dealership.

brgds
ir-ops

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Same here Dynarace, no apologies necessary. It could be the salesperson doesn't know the model designations or may have mis-spoken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.