Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently phoned in for service on my Smart and SLK. It seems Weber motors has almost completely changed their service department staff, including the manager.

I believe this is a good thing. My recent phone call was quite refreshing. The CSR seemed to really know his stuff, was very patient with me and didn't come off with a holier than thou attitude (like they did last year).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just over a year ago, the ownership had changed hands for Weber Motors. The ownership changed over to the Ericksen group (ie: Ericksen Nissan, et al). The name stayed the same, and I know that most of the staff had stayed for the initial transition period. Whether that was part of the transition plan or not, that's unknown to me. I had heard that when the ownership changed hands, that the previous owner was given a fairly substantial payment for the dealership, and that it was shared with the employees.

Regarding your recent experience, that`s interesting as I had always received very good service there in the past. So if its better then great.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last year, I had major issues.

Took both my vehicles in on Friday and it was like I won the lottery. Everyone was buttons and smiles and they even took $$ off the bill.... without me asking for it to happen.

They knew what was going on with both my vehicles. Gave me a time estimate for completion and offered me a loaner while waiting. That NEVER happened at all last year.

*shrugs* I hope things stay that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts