Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very curious about who most of you are using for ECU tuning on the SLK55. I'm planning long tube headers, dual intakes from NeedsWings and resonator and secondary's delete.
Thanks everyone:)

·
Banned
433 Posts
Kleemann and Eurocharged are the two most common. With Kleemann you have to send in the ECU, but I think Eurocharged can do it remotely.

I have Kleemann headers and ECU tuning.

If possible, you should get it dynoed between each mod. I dynoed mine before (stock) but haven't yet done the after.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Very curious about who most of you are using for ECU tuning on the SLK55. I'm planning long tube headers, dual intakes from NeedsWings and resonator and secondary's delete.
Thanks everyone:)
I got Eurocharged on mine. They will send you a tuning cable and flash drive. The tunes are exchanged by email. You can do it yourself with a laptop. It's a lot more convenient and faster than shipping out your ECU. Which long tube headers are you getting?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kleemann and Eurocharged are the two most common. With Kleemann you have to send in the ECU, but I think Eurocharged can do it remotely.

I have Kleemann headers and ECU tuning.

If possible, you should get it dynoed between each mod. I dynoed mine before (stock) but haven't yet done the after.
Thanks :) And absolutely, I always dyno for a baseline when adding mods.

I like the idea of the Eurocharged accessibility, however, I have heard of some issues with them... Should I chalk it up to 'nobody's perfect?' Or is this a common theme associated with them?

Thanks for chiming in!

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Thanks :) And absolutely, I always dyno for a baseline when adding mods.

I like the idea of the Eurocharged accessibility, however, I have heard of some issues with them... Should I chalk it up to 'nobody's perfect?' Or is this a common theme associated with them?

Thanks for chiming in!
What issues are you referring to?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure if there was a thread where Eurocharged explained their side of the story or what they did to correct the situation. I'm trying to believe that MB owner but he sounds like an idiot.
Quite possible. I just wanted to see if anyone could give credence to such claims. Or throw rave reviews about Eurocharged in my face, especially because their tuning method would be incredibly convenient.
As I stated prior, I'm in the early stages of deciding who to go with, and hadn't found any complaints regarding Kleeman, RennTech etc. I do realize that when ONE single incidence arises, it can put an unnecessary stain on a company.

This forum is very different from other forums I have joined in the past (Porsche, BMW,Audi,Jaguar, Lexus etc) I don't see as many vendors chiming in, and the amount of members here seems very low.

Please don't misinterpret my questions as being spurious by any means, I just would like to be familiar with how everything works around this forum and not step on anyone's toes. The BMW and Audi forums can be brutal at times, and are not for the faint of heart LOL

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm trying to believe that MB owner but he sounds like an idiot.
+1.

Plus while it makes an interesting read, remember that guy was having a lot of work done to his car (including engine internals) which is a whole different ball game to just remotely software flashing your ECU.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Quite possible. I just wanted to see if anyone could give credence to such claims. Or throw rave reviews about Eurocharged in my face, especially because their tuning method would be incredibly convenient.
As I stated prior, I'm in the early stages of deciding who to go with, and hadn't found any complaints regarding Kleeman, RennTech etc. I do realize that when ONE single incidence arises, it can put an unnecessary stain on a company.

This forum is very different from other forums I have joined in the past (Porsche, BMW,Audi,Jaguar, Lexus etc) I don't see as many vendors chiming in, and the amount of members here seems very low.

Please don't misinterpret my questions as being spurious by any means, I just would like to be familiar with how everything works around this forum and not step on anyone's toes. The BMW and Audi forums can be brutal at times, and are not for the faint of heart LOL
I'm not saying Eurocharged is better because they're convenient. You're better off contacting the owner of Eurocharged yourself for a direct explanation in regards to your concerns. I had the Kleemann ECU upgrade on my 350. Regardless of the tuning company, it was a pain in the ass to ship my ECU out to them and wait for them to ship it back to me. At one point UPS made a mistake with the delivery and it nearly gave me a heart attack. Now imagine every time you add a new modification, you had to repeat that process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts