Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received a recall notice from Daimler - 2017090009. It says that the ECU software on certain models may not correspond to current production specifications, and thus may not meet all regulatory requirements.

Anyone have any idea what it's all about? I have a feeling that it's emissions related and not going to kill me so I'm inclined to just wait until next spring when I take it in for my final "free" map update. I live in an area where regular emissions testing isn't required so I don't pay much attention to testing/results.

Anyone know?
Thanks!

· *Administrator (Premium Member)
43,581 Posts
Yesterday I received a recall notice from Daimler - 2017090009. It says that the ECU software on certain models may not correspond to current production specifications, and thus may not meet all regulatory requirements.

Anyone have any idea what it's all about? I have a feeling that it's emissions related and not going to kill me so I'm inclined to just wait until next spring when I take it in for my final "free" map update. I live in an area where regular emissions testing isn't required so I don't pay much attention to testing/results.

Anyone know?
Thanks!

4 current electrical TSBs
ESP
Airscarf
SAM
Engine Control Module Software (Wonder if it is this one).
Quote:This Service Campaign has been initiated because Daimler AG (DAG), the manufacturer of MercedesBenz vehicles, has determined that the Engine Control Module software on the subject models may not correspond to current production specifications. In the event of a faulty fuel tank level sensor, two OBDrelevant diagnostic tests might not be performed and the Check Engine Light might not activate as required. To remedy this condition, an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer will update the engine control module software

Courtesy of BBB Industries http://www.bbbind.com/free-tsb/

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like it - I think it'll wait until spring when I take it in. If it said "...risk of fire" or "...may cause loss of control" or something like that, then I'd be more concerned about it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.