Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had this car 1 day & bought it cheapish with a few issues. Some cluster lights out, blah blah!

Now the main issues is that the heater blower motor does not work in any position (1-6) now my experience of other cars is that if it works full on, then it the Thermister gone, but if not, then???

Also the EC & recirc buttons do not work/light up. Could all these problems be related, or are they seperate issues?

Currently the car passes warm air into the car after a fashion, however come the frost i'll be fooked! It also heavily condensates up!

Any help where to start will be appreciated :confused:

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,056 Posts
Only had this car 1 day & bought it cheapish with a few issues. Some cluster lights out, blah blah!

Now the main issues is that the heater blower motor does not work in any position (1-6) now my experience of other cars is that if it works full on, then it the Thermister gone, but if not, then???

Also the EC & recirc buttons do not work/light up. Could all these problems be related, or are they seperate issues?

Currently the car passes warm air into the car after a fashion, however come the frost i'll be fooked! It also heavily condensates up!

Any help where to start will be appreciated :confused:

Id edge my bets on the motor !!

Its how you say fooked ! :tu:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, today i re-assembled it using the old motor that worked fine on a battery test. Then fitted a new Thermistor (Resistor) Ebay £21.45p & tried it out.....
Hey presto it all works! Also the EC/Recirc buttons & lights now work too, so they are also controlled by the Thermistor curcuitry & wiring ;)

So all in all, under £22 for a relatively easy fix!

As an aside, whilst under the passenger footwell panel, i dropped the Air cleaner filter out, it was soaking wet & filthy. So new one of them ordered too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.