Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time for the next EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
43,403 Posts
Already got mine.
2007 SLK 55 AMG.

Wheel Tire Water Car Vehicle

Sure, some tlc needed but
Between 15-36mpg (Imperial)
V8 engine with quicksilver black series exhaust (gives the advantage of suggesting what’s under the hood until unleashed)
6 pot brakes up front.
Metal folding roof.

The in-laws can’t get in the rear seats as there aren’t any.

All for the price of a cheap new car I get supercar (ish) performance for a modest budget.

I tour in it.
Shop in it (even the local quickie shops).
Kids love it.
But most importantly, I love it.

if anything bad happens I’ll be going out and buying another.

Truly my forever car.

·
Administrator (Canada)
23,744 Posts
I'd have to say that I'd keep Schwarzie (my '55) . Convertible, pretty quick :rolleyes: 🤣 even though my F150 is more useful in some respects (I brought my new snowblower home in "Chuck the Truck").

Getting our first dump of the year
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Hard to do with the '55. So yah, overall she's the one.

I rationalize that decision because I can always borrow my son-in-law's F150 (y) .

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
Vendor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I will be interested of trying your pads.
I have 2 SLK 320 and 1 needs new brakesat the front,, Should be nice to compare
Brgds Petri
You may have misunderstood the theme of this post?

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
43,403 Posts
Yes, I will be interested of trying your pads.
I have 2 SLK 320 and 1 needs new brakesat the front,, Should be nice to compare
Brgds Petri
You may have misunderstood the theme of this post?
In essence
Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG w/P30 (Malene)
266 Posts
if I had to pick one ICE vehicle to keep for the rest of my days, I would have to choose a Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series made after yr 2010 - it is the most versatile/usable vehicle that can pretty much go anywhere and last you a long time, still classy, comfortable and will be reliable.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
*Registered
1,060 Posts
The Stingray has it's charm, The F-150 does plenty, but somehow that Cat coming from Hell is one thing I would love to keep!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

If there is no option to keep DaDude of course :)

·
*Registered
2004 SLK320
14 Posts
My 2025 ICE Benz or Honda. Looks like after that all ICE will be difficult to buy and where I live, I don't want to be tied to a range limit and hours+ charging times.
I also tend to keep cars 10+ years so I don't want to be paying for a battery before I trade.

·
*Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Turbo
2,312 Posts
Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle
This would be the car I would have saved, Subaru Impreza GC8 £400 saved from the scrapheap, it had the wrong front end due to (like all Subaru's) being chucked through a farmer's fence, I took the time to fit the right crystal headlamps and correct grill and a second hood scoop... Though this was a N/a 2.0 not a turbo 2000 as it looks that's just how I got it. And even now I would still happily run that car and despite only being like 105bhp it still got sideways infact it was the first car I ever drifted 🤣, I fitted WRX bucket seats of which occasionally the driver's one would recline itself at 60mph (that was fun) but it was just everything I ask of car and no car since has ticked all the boxes that this one did. Most of you have seen the cars I've had with way more power, this was simple reliable and FUN! No driving aids full time 4wd the best part is you couldn't KIll this thing it left me working, got abused by three more owners before I lost track of it. Yes i miss it, but if I could have one car to keep it would be a good condition one of these 👍🙂

1 - 19 of 19 Posts