1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I guess if you slap on a spoiler and get those fance ///AMG shoulder belt pads you can call it a 55!!!:td:

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG w/P30
651 Posts
Aye, he did mention that it's a 280 with "all the looks of a 55" ... "without the price", but seriously why would anyone want to try to "look" like a 55. Do they really think it's a status symbol? I could care less if the car I buy is the "low" or "high" end of its particular line. I bought a 350 because I wanted the performance. For those that want more performance and can afford it, the 55 is the choice. For those that don't really need or want the performance but simply fell in love with the look of the car, the hardtop convertible, etc, the 280 (300 now) is the way to go. Buying a 280 and slapping AMG and 55 badges on it is just plain silly. Not to mention that anyone really in the know can tell at a glance it's not a true 55. Drive what you like, who cares about the status symbol part of it. Heck I wouldn't mind if the cars came without any badges or discernable markings whatsoever. Then it would be more about what you want and less about what you think other people will think of it. At least he didn't try to pass it off as an actual 55, but the ad stating "SLK 280 - 55" is laughable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's missing the body kit anyway. So obviously, it doesn't even have the "look" of an SLK55. I also don't get it.

I'm with cousjcc - I bought the 350 because I wanted an MT. I just don't understand who this guy was hoping to impress or how. It's not like anyone who isn't familiar with the SLK series would even know the difference between an SLK55 and SLK350. But, to those who do know the difference, this guy just looks like a massive douche driving around in an SLK that is obviously not a 55 with the SLK55 badge. It just screams "I'm insecure, please look at me, validate my worth!"

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
My wife and I bought a 2006 SLK280 because it was an affordable hardtop convertible. We looked at a number of different brands and makes. We love the design of the SLK. The fact that it is a well built Mercedes is a plus. If it didn't have any badges on it, I would be just as happy. If I could afford it, I would make a sleeper car of an SLK55.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts