Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why could the SLK designers not have included 'easylift' (raising the stowed roof to access luggage space - a la SL) into the SLK? Heaven knows the SLK pro rata is an expensive car, even if they added 1k€ to the price it would have been worth it…
rant over!

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
I have to say I agree. It would be nice to have this function. I'm not sure there is space in the length of the boot/trunk to put a hinge in there. It's not a huge inconvenience to have to put the roof up to get bigger items in and out of the boot/trunk.

If you are a smart-top user it might slightly diminish the usefulness of the remote lowering as you can't put anything bigger than a slim briefcase in the boot/trunk.

If it's your normal day-to-day working car then I could see it being an issue. If it's just a weekend car for doing special trips then not so much.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I also agree it would be a nice feature, that other Hard-Top convertables do have. I am not sure if MB did not do it the SLK line to save money (the most likely IMHO), or if the smaller trunk posed some technical issues. But I just live with it, I raise the roof if I have to , or just make sure I have 'skinny stuff' to slide in when the top is down. If I think I need more space, I usually will just take my V60 for that trip.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
592 Posts
They have to save some bling items for the SL, now.

Personally I would rather have a high end sound system as an option with some sort of sub (ala Burmester, B&O, etc.) And, of course, a backup camera!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.