Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 8 am I slept 8 hours, mood is perfect and the weather is overcast with cold breeze and temperatures of 20-21 degrees c. What better way to wake to the sound of a v8 an a long topdown drive for early breakfast.

As it is a weekend here I am probably only person awake and I've been calling nearly everyone I have on my phonebook(friends) that are probably still sleeping.

I was the only AMG in the parking lot, mostly the others were two Corvette's (C6 convertible, Stingray), LP560-4 Gallardo, Carrera GT and a Cayman R. The parking lot was filled with bikes.

Anyways here are some pictures, love my car and will continue to enjoy(god willing) it till the day I die.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Aaaahhhh Breakfast!

I agree that early morning is a great time to take the SLK out for some exercise. A solitary breakfast provides for calm and thoughtfulness.....consider yourself a lucky man!

·
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaaahhhh Breakfast!

I agree that early morning is a great time to take the SLK out for some exercise. A solitary breakfast provides for calm and thoughtfulness.....consider yourself a lucky man!
I love breakfasts, I'm a morning person. I hate night drives, you cant spot the police when driving fast as easy as it is in the morning.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
You've inspired me...setting the alarm for 7am tomorrow. That's early for me on a Saturday!
Seven AM?!
My Alarm is set for 0430; … putting around … and be at work at 0545 … including the weekend.
I’m in San Diego (it’s raining) and my car is tucked in for the winter 950miles north form here.
I envy (in a longing, not jealous kind of way) all that can enjoy a drive in there SLKs this weekend.

Mo, next time I’m in the Middle East I’ll stop over in Kuwait and join you for breakfast.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Simply stunning!!! Looks like you had a great morning. I'm not a morning person by default, I rather sleep in but I do like to drive early in the morning to work b/c there are no traffic and leave early for the same reason.

·
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You've inspired me...setting the alarm for 7am tomorrow. That's early for me on a Saturday!
You wont regret it

Seven AM?!
My Alarm is set for 0430; … putting around … and be at work at 0545 … including the weekend.
I’m in San Diego (it’s raining) and my car is tucked in for the winter 950miles north form here.
I envy (in a longing, not jealous kind of way) all that can enjoy a drive in there SLKs this weekend.

Sorry about that

Mo, next time I’m in the Middle East I’ll stop over in Kuwait and join you for breakfast.
Sure, would be my pleasure.

what size wheels are those! They look amazing.
19x8.5 and 19x9.5

Simply stunning!!! Looks like you had a great morning. I'm not a morning person by default, I rather sleep in but I do like to drive early in the morning to work b/c there are no traffic and leave early for the same reason.
Me too, I go to work 10 minutes early everyday.

·
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For sure this is going to be my last black car.

The car is peaking out of the garage it rains and already half of the car is dirty (rain with dust particles).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Seven AM?!
Sorry to hear you had to work today...without even nice weather in San Diego.

Had a great drive and breakfast with my 6 year old. Great idea Mo!

·
Registered
902 Posts
This is the way to start a new day. By the way, how is the gas prices there in your area? It seems the gas price here is cripping up again in the USA.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
This is the way to start a new day. By the way, how is the gas prices there in your area? It seems the gas price here is cripping up again in the USA.
Was like $.79 per gallon back in July when I was planning my trip down - or so my friends were saying!

·
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was out in the S500 today lets say I just had some fun in the rain, empty street and a big round about with 3 lanes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.