Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

E350 amg

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  DesignoSLK 
#1 ·
So a few weeks ago one of our guys got in a brief pursuit of a car that made an illegal turn to avoid entering a DUI checkpoint. The suspect pulled down a residential street that dead-ends into a 10 foot cynderblock wall. The suspects slowed the car and bailed out on foot while the car kept rolling. The car rolled into a driveay, narrowly missing a car (under a car cover) parked in a garage. The suspect car hit the garage wall causing minor structural damage.

We caught the suspect (a recent parolee) and we recovered the gun that he threw as he ran from the officers. He's potentially facing a life term in prison based on his prior criminal history.

As we're investigating the crash into the house, I ask the home owner what kind of car was under the cover. He proudly procalims, "It's a Mercedes, an AMG." My response was one of rellief that it had not been damaged in the crime. I ask him to show me the car so I can confirm that there was no damage to it. He lifted the cover and I saw a beautiful black E350 the was upbadged with an AMG badge. I didn't say anything about it...

#4 ·
At least you showed honor over one-upmanship! Though I admit at times it's difficult to bite your tongue!:soap:

Reactions: V8SLK
#5 ·
I agree. And it still floors me that people will put "fake" badges on an otherwise wonderful car, when the very people they are trying to impress probably know the difference and can spot the imposter!?! I've never quite understood that...

BTW, thanks again for the whole "protect and serve" thing.

#7 ·
Very professional and quite polite.

Reactions: V8SLK
#8 ·
i don't know...i think we should print out cards to put on fake AMGs, explaining the difference... a lot of these people are simply misinformed, and it would be really satisfying to let those people who think they are fooling others know that they've been caught red-handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.