Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Anyone who has dyno results, please share.
  • Please list the car, and any performance modifications.
  • If you have an upload of your dyno graph, even better.
2005 SLK55, stock (dyno in 2013 at 50k miles)
Mustang dyno
Peak HP/TQ = 280/276

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Mustang dyno
Peak HP/TQ = 280/276
Any plans for performance modifications?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mustang dyno
Peak HP/TQ = 280/276
280bhp from an AMG55? I'd take it back. You should have 360. What gives?

·
Registered
48 Posts
292 bhp from an R171 350

Mine has had an ECU map, K&Ns, and a sports exhaust, although not the Brabus I now have, but a custom one that developed a fault with one box after 600 miles and had to be replaced, which I did with the Brabus system as that was the only sports system available through the Merc main dealer. I've not had it dyno'd again since that change but I would imagine it will still be this much or possibly a bit more, assuming the Brabus system works well. Certainly shows no cause for complaint in use.

Graph in my garage area. Can't be bothered with imageshack.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/LIST]

• Those number is not right. You got more HP then TQ. It should the other way around, about 15-20 TQ more then HP.
Those are the values my car pulled. Post your own if you have some contradictory (or similar) results, that's what I'm looking for.

I don't care too much about what the Mercedes factory posted (crank) values are.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mustang Dyno before and after MBH long tube headers and Kleemann tune. My HP/torque was 275/280 before and 320/325 after mods on 91 octane.

Each dyno run is a little different. I had an earlier baseline run of 276/291 prior to getting the work done. Also a Mustang dyno, but it was on 93 octane.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
DynoJet... 293whp/301wtq

aFe filters, resonator and secondary cat delete. Done in 4th gear, 5th gear is the 1.00 and I think it would have given higher numbers.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Each dyno run is a little different. I had an earlier baseline run of 276/291 prior to getting the work done. Also a Mustang dyno, but it was on 93 octane.

Yes, different dyno, days.....etc. but the character of the engine does not change. If an engine is designed for more TQ then HP, your dyno should also show more TQ then HP. AMG engine are know for more TQ then HP.

·
Registered
500 Posts
DynoJet... 293whp/301wtq

aFe filters, resonator and secondary cat delete. Done in 4th gear, 5th gear is the 1.00 and I think it would have given higher numbers.

I got around 305 WHP custom tuned with K&N filter and Charcoal filter removed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, different dyno, days.....etc. but the character of the engine does not change. If an engine is designed for more TQ then HP, your dyno should also show more TQ then HP. AMG engine are know for more TQ then HP.
Yes, I had more torque than hp. What was your point?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
I got around 305 WHP custom tuned with K&N filter and Charcoal filter removed.
I haven't dyno'd again since Eurocharged tune. I wonder what kind of numbers I would get now.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Mustang Dyno before and after MBH long tube headers and Kleemann tune. My HP/torque was 275/280 before and 320/325 after mods on 91 octane.

If you're getting those gains with the headers and the tune, I wonder what the figures would be with the headers alone. Or did the before dyno include a stock Kleemann tune?

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you're getting those gains with the headers and the tune, I wonder what the figures would be with the headers alone. Or did the before dyno include a stock Kleemann tune?
No, unfortunately the before dyno was when the car was completely stock (except for a LSD).

Klinh, wasn't referring to your earlier post to Bumpa. I was surprised at the significant difference in torque when the car was essentially unchanged.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts