Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi DansSLK,

I want to run a dyno on my stock 1999 SLK230 sport on a Dynojet to get a base line power figure before I start modifying the sludge out of my engine. Since the front wheels will not be spinning I don't want the ECU to act up and limit the power output. According to WIS, you have to unplug the ESP/ASR/ETs/ABS module in order to get this car in "dyno mode." One quick question: do you know where this unit is located (in what wheel house)? Pictures and a how-to will be helpful. Ok, two quick questions: when the CEL illuminates after you unplug this traction control module, can an OBDII reader clear this code, I mean, is it a soft code? Thanks a bunch.

D

·
0 Posts
I've never actually done that on a 170 so i can't really comment all that much i'm sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found The Solution!

Thanks anyways DansSLK,

I asked around in another forum (benzworld.org) and someone was able to assist me with my inquiries. Here is the information I recieved, reworded:

The device will have a sticker on it saying ABS/ASR (here lies is the root of all evil). By Disabling (unplugging) the traction control (ESP/ASR/ETs/ABS) module located in engine bay, near the brake fluid reservoir you will see black/sliver unit with lots of small metal lines coming out of it, disconnect the fat connector on the side of it which you push up: You will now have entered "Dyno Mode" the old school way. When you start the car now you will get a few warning lights on the dash... car now has NO ABS or TRACTION CONTROL - PERIOD. After you plug it back in, it will register a fault in memory (CEL) which a hand held OBDII reader can erase.

Be safe and use this tid bit of knowledge wisely, I mean, don't terrorize the streets in "Dyno Mode."
Enjoy!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts