Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 door kits on Ebay ($115 total). and pulled the door panel off. First, let me say much easier than I thought. I was a little intimiated at first but the door panel was easier than you think! ( I also fixed the window stop that seems to fall off all our windows!)

Anyway, wiped it all off, then put a strip on the inside of the door, (behind the speaker) then took the plastic off (threw it away) and put the Dynamat on with the roller. Probably took 2 hours of putzing to get it done. Reassembled with no problem.

Also did the trunk, BUT the trunk already has a highdensity sound deadner on most of the area (except under the spare tire and on the trunk lid where I put some)

VERDICT: it does make the sound of the stereo seem a little better, not sure I can really tell BUT I think that it did get rid of a few rattles, if you expect more than that I think you'll be disappointed.

However, one thing I would love to know, if anyone knows the answer. window seems to rattle now when it's done. the door doesn't have the nice thunk like when the window is all the way up. Oh well.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Got photos?

Reactions: leapyfish

·
Registered
35 Posts
Door panel removal

.....pulled the door panel off....much easier than I thought.... the door panel was easier than you think!
Do you need to pull off the little triangular plastic piece above the panel, behind the door mirror, before you can get the panel off? If so, is it just a question of probing with a screwdriver? :confused:
This particular aspect of your experience would be greatly appreciated:hail:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you need to pull off the little triangular plastic piece above the panel, behind the door mirror, before you can get the panel off? If so, is it just a question of probing with a screwdriver? :confused:
This particular aspect of your experience would be greatly appreciated:hail:
The answers are Yes, and Yes. It is quite tough to get off. I damaged one of mine slightly trying to find the clip. It is kind of at the top of the triangle. So, put your window down, get a screwdriver with a piece of cloth over it and have a little probe around the top of the triangle, going in from the window edge. I seem to remember it came off rather suddenly with a fair bit of noise.

·
Registered
132 Posts
However, one thing I would love to know, if anyone knows the answer. window seems to rattle now when it's done. the door doesn't have the nice thunk like when the window is all the way up. Oh well.
Mine sounds the same. Thunk when windows are up. Tingeling when not all the way up. As you say: oh well...

Would be interested to know the reason if you find out

Raindog

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would be interested to know the reason if you find out

Raindog
Acoustics. When the windows are up you are effectively closing a box and the thud is the resonant frequency of the box being "excited". When the window is down it acts as a port changing the resonant frequency, usually raising it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.